Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Gone - Free Seaducer Mono 42 - Gone

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Gone - Free Seaducer Mono 42 - Gone

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Squidhead Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gone - Free Seaducer Mono 42 - Gone

Guys,
Not too sure if this post is considered a For Sale given that it is for a freebie??? Possibly goes against the forum rules, if so, please delete.

Have a 42" Seaducer Mono that was passed to me by a fellow WA boater several years ago.

This hull is free to a good home in WA metro and I would place the caveat that this hull goes to someone who is starting out in the hobby, not someone that already owns 5012 boats, engines etc.

She is banged up a little but certainly nothing that is not easily fixable. A bit of gelcoat, filling some holes where the hardware used to be followed by a lick of paint will see her good as new once again.

It is a fast hull when running and would certainly be a good "fixer upper" project for someone with the time to do so and would be an ideal project for someone starting out to learn their way around a boat.

If you know of anyone that fits the above, let me know

Johno
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 PM
R.J.acker

Default RE: Gone - Free Seaducer Mono 42 - Gone

you can ship it to me in Ca if u want!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Squidhead Racing

ORIGINAL: R.J.acker

you can ship it to me in Ca if u want!!
A little to impractical, not to mention a costly exercise to ship this across the ditch from Australia to California.

Sorry, can't help you there mate
Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 AM
R.J.acker

it was worth a try!! i do have to say that is pretty cool of u to do this!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 AM
lpbudgie

Hi Johno,
i would be interested.
Len.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Squidhead Racing

ORIGINAL: lpbudgie

Hi Johno,
i would be interested.
Len.

"I would place the caveat that this hull goes to someone who is starting out in the hobby, not someone that already owns 5012 boats, engines etc."

You don't exactly fit the criteria I was placing on this Len
Old 09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
andym

I would love to have a go at that hull, I would pay for TNT or something similar to Broken Hill. I am no expert and do not have 3000 boats.
Cheers
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 PM
apache 56

gee johno i didnt relize so meany people cant read.....
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 AM
chev

hi johno, ive been in to rc for about 10 years mostly aeroplanes but just started getting into rc boats ,i have a cheap second hand chinese 26cc challenger but really want a project that is a bit more serious, i live in perth and would appreciate something like what you are offering and maybe some more knowledge about gas boats wold be great as well.
thanks jeremy
Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
chev

hey what happened did anyone get the boat?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Squidhead Racing

Not as yet no. I have had some interest, just weighing up whom will be lucky one.

Currently I have some people on "my list": 2x youngish kids interested in a father son project, an elderly chap and yourself.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 PM
lpbudgie

It was not for me Johno it was for a junior member wanting to run with our club
 as you said i have a couple of boats i see i have upset you maybe we need to talk about this in person a
Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Squidhead Racing

ORIGINAL: lpbudgie

It was not for me Johno it was for a junior member wanting to run with our club
as you said i have a couple of boats i see i have upset you maybe we need to talk about this in person a
Len,
You did not upset me, I have been around toy boats/planes/helis long enough, to know that not a great deal in this hobby phases me these days................been down that road before and stressing gets you no where...........after all at the end of the day, they are merely big boys toys, nothing more, nothing less. I build, I run, I crash, I destroy....not always in that order. If after some time I have something that hasn't been destroyed or totally abused then I sometimes offer it to people starting out.......................a way of giving back to the RC community and assist with growth. As you know we are a very niche corner of the RC market place and here in Perth we are even more isolated so we need to sometimes do unorthodox things to generate the interest and grow the hobby. I digress though

When you posted that were said you were interested, the written word was just that, that you were interested. At no time was any mention made of a young chap starting out with the Mandurah club. With the information afforded in your post, I took it on face value that you, yourself were the interested party, I could not have reasonably been expected to know otherwise. Quite possibly I misinterpreted your post, if I did, my apologies, it was unintentional. Perhaps if you mentioned that you had a young chap interested from the outset I might not have reacted and subsequently posted as I did.

Anyway, enough of my drivel for this eve........................I got riggers in the workshop to finish.

I am happy to note that the boat has now found a new home and will be delivered later this week. A father and son north of the river will be the recipients, and time permitting they will be pondside in the coming months mixing it up and driving as poorly as they rest of us "old guys".

Johno

Old 09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
lpbudgie

Johno,
Good to here it went to a good home and sorry for the misinterpretation and hopefully we will catch up soon also we will going to waroona dam in a couple of weeks to do some saw runs and you are welcome to come as i have spoken to the boys and Jim will be sending you out a email shortly,
it should be a good day.
Talk soon .
Len.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:12 AM
carbonwhite

Hi Len
Its good to see that the boys are sending out an invite as when ever we were going to run at south lakes we would let them now.
Waroona is a dam good place to go to but with a lot of us we are not in to this saw runs as this is all you do.
We just like to do some close running around a course so I think that most of us will just be going to the lake and run there.

Regards Kerry
Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Squidhead Racing

Are you guys running by specific SAW boats down there or the oval boats set up to run loose. What speeds are you getting, or shooting for??.

More importantly, how many nitros you got running down there??
Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 AM
lpbudgie

At the moment no nitro as i still waiting for mine but i might take my old rigger for a run to see as i will be testing it at the local this weekend and when i have the new one it will doing alot of club runs.
I have my cf stryker setup for saw but that is it and for speeds we are around the 113 -123 km/h at the moment but as time goes on we will get up there Kim's hydro setup for coursing is doing very well and i am just trying different things to try and at least get something close to the east coast but as everything it takes time and a lot of testing but i thought it only fair to ask as maybe a change to the local pond it would be great to see you there at some point,
 are you guys running this weekend ?
anyway talk later guys.
Len.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Squidhead Racing

Nope, no running this weekend

Best thing you could possibly do is to head East to one of the races be it Oval or SAW. Only there will you truely know what the Eastern Staters are up to both boat and speed wise. From my own personal experience, what runs nice here, doesn't necessarily do the same over there. Alot of prop, mixture and pipe length changes for me......................well for the Yarrawonga soup bowl anyway. Great fun though with alot of guys going out of their way to assist in so many ways.

My funds are just about up enough to shoot across again in the near future after a horror 18mths are now behind

Johno
Old 09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
lpbudgie

Going over east is the plan next year if goes to plan i will head over for the nationals in new Zealand and a meeting or two over east depends on were the oz nationals are but like on all plans there is always something to change it , also depends on business plans at the time but are very keen on getting some run time over there for shore anyway will talk more later .
Len.