Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

k&b on a VS1 or TS3

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

k&b on a VS1 or TS3

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:49 PM
jmidus
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k&b on a VS1 or TS3

The VS1 instructions only provide a hole template for mounting an OS outboard. Can some one help me out on the best way to mount a K&B outboard, as far as hole location is concerned. I have a TS3 on the way will the same whole pattern work?

Thanks,

Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 PM
wave waker

Default RE: k&b on a VS1 or TS3

ORIGINAL: jmidus

The VS1 instructions only provide a hole template for mounting an OS outboard. Can some one help me out on the best way to mount a K&B outboard, as far as hole location is concerned. I have a TS3 on the way will the same whole pattern work?

Thanks,

i don't have vs1 nor ts3 but if there's an instruction for OS then check what is the recommended prop height in correspond to the bottom of sponson, once u have it set ur k&b prop height same as for the OS, this will be your ball park, then u can drill a hole in the transom for k&b mount,,just my 50cents.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

My VS-1 showed up yesterday (see the thread below). You can take the pattern from the back page of the owners manual and center your motor mount over that to find where you'll need to drill the holes or (b), mask off the transom, measure everything and mark your mounting holes. The only problem that I can foresee though is that the metal backing plate that goes on the inside of the transom won't match up with the bolt holes that you'll have to drill. so clamp the metal brace in place then drill and tap through that also.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 PM
tnltyme

I may be way too late on this one......
I'm using a K&B 3.5 on a VS1. I'm also using a Prather adjustable motor mount in conjunction with the backing plate. The top holes of the mount match up with the top holes on the plate. The bottom ones wont. I just used a Dremel grinder and ground out the bottom corners of the backing plate so I could use lock nuts and washersfor the mount screws. The mount is centered top to bottom and side to side on the transom......
Old 09-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Problem solved with a little bit of Dremel engineering.

JD