Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

U-76 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:35 PM
lasher63
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-76 build

Hello everybody, I just bought an Atlas U-76 and was wondering if anyone had any advice before I begin besides building it on a jig which is already a for sure? Should I make the jig a bottom and two sides and does anyone know the precise measurements, the kit hasn't gotten here yet but I wanted to get a head start.

If it doesn't make your nostrils flare and the hair on the back of your neck stand up it's not fast enough!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: U-76 build

Four things I would do, if this is the Dumas kit:
1) Use the kit for templates rather than building it
2) Widen the tunnel by between 1 and 1.5 inches to make the boat more stable
3) Cut lightening holes in all the internal frames
4) Rework the sponson bottoms so the angle of rise is 3 degrees rather than the stock closer to 7 degrees by reducing the sponson depth at the sponson transom
That should be enough to get you started but, if you want more info on what I'm talking about, here's a thread I did on the smaller Pay'N Pak that should explain it better http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10666178/tm.htm You won't need to do the bottom reprofiling like I did but the rest still applies