Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Flex cable question >

Flex cable question

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Flex cable question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex cable question

I have a Aquacraft Supervee 27 Nitro and just received my new OSE upgraded flex shaft since the stock one broke (I heard this was common).

The OSE one came with a plastic (teflon) cover to go over the flex cable. Am I suppose to leave on the plastic cover or remove it?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 AM

Default RE: Flex cable question

The Teflon liner, usually are tossed. I never run Teflon. Your day at the pond can be cut short if the liner brakes apart inside the brass pipe. But some guys still have'em and run -em Your call.
A non lined stuffing tube doesn't cause me radio interference.
You still need to grease that shaft /cable
Keep your shaft well greased. I like saying that.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

What seems ot be the common place for the original cable to break is at the collet. If it broke elsewhere I'd look for that problem. The issue at the collet is in the collet itself. The collet will flare if it gets tightened down too much and tear the outer strands of the cable off. This makes it really fun to take off if this happens.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Thanks for the advice and I didn't run the liner.

I actually had the chance to run it today with the new cable and it did great for not being run in quite some time! It took a few pulls to get it going and it wants to bog and cut off towards WOT but thats it. When I get my tuned pipe I'll work with it some.

The boat keeps bouncing up and down unless I'm turning and the water was calm. I'm sure I just need to adjust the trim tabs a little.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:16 AM

Trimtabs down and strut down, will help- getting the bow down. Do all adjustments in small increments ,take her out run a few laps bring back in more adjustments if needed take her out and so on.
If you race then do all adjustments in rough water, not flat as the track you run on is choppy. You will lose speed but you will Finnish the race. Fast doesn't always mean 1st place.