Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

beginner help

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

beginner help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 AM
michael1963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner help

wanting to get into rc nitro boats always wanted a kb outboard on a tunnel hull since i saw them in magizines in late 70s been looking at the miss vegas duece and miss budweiser inboard vs outboard??? reliabilty / ease to work on?? wood vs fiberglass i see lap cats and hot shots for sale complete $200-300 any help would be appr. thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd opt for the Miss Vegas Deuce over the Miss Bud's. The MVD is much easier to work on with plenty of room inside and parts are still easy to get.
There's probably a reason why you see a lot of Lap Cat's and Hot Shots for sale as they're 20 or more years outmoded. If you can find one complete cheap enough, use it for parts and drop everything into a more modern hull. AquaCraft makes the VS-1 and have seen plenty of them at large races.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:53 PM
mike walker

Can't go wrong with a Vegas. Lots of fun
Also listen to Ron he knows a couple things about boating
Old 10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Ron Olson

ProBoat doesn't make nitro boats anymore and the Deuce is AquaCraft's last one as everyone is going electric.

Thanks Mike but just a couple of things. My specialty used to be .12-.21's but now I've gone gas and learning all over again. No matter how many years you're into this stuff you still have your days when you feel like it's your first.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
mike walker

Ok you know a ho bunch of stuff.
missed ya at hobart
Get this new guy on track
Old 10-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Ron Olson

Mike, I missed you and a lot of people at the Hobart race. My health wasn't the best at that time and ended up in the hospital for 9 days starting on the 12th. Damned near died twice in there but now after an ICD replacement with a different version I'm doing better than I have been all year.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do with him. There's a LOT of reading on both boats on this site, just use the search. I'm also for .21 OB tunnels as I got into nitro boats with them and my first racers. They can teach you a lot about what a little adjustment does here and there.