Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nitro Hammer

Old 01-11-2004, 05:26 PM
fergy_911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Hammer

Hi guys
I have a nitro hammer i got it for x-mas. I have ran it twice so far and began the break in process. I was very happy with the results. I would suggest for the money that for begins this is thre best boat. PM me if u have any hop ups or mods that you no of for the hammer.
Thanx veiw my website plz http://www.geocities.com/goosenhima/extremehobbies.html
Old 01-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Hammer

There's not a whole lot that you can do to it. A better prop will help get some more speed out of it. I helped out an owner of one before Winter decided to pay us a visit and we put an Octura X435 on his and got a little more speed out out of it. I think that the rudder is too long myself, shortening it some would decrease drag. I also felt that the tuned pipe was too long. It might be interesting to see if making this shorter would give some more Oomph to it or trying another pipe. I've heard that a 1" hole drilled over the carb will get cooler air in thus more power because the air intakes at the back of the cowling are letting hot air into the carb. Adjust the trim tabs to let the boat run as loose as possible on the water without flipping over.