Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

1st timer needs lots of help

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

1st timer needs lots of help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 11:00 AM
chmath159

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st timer needs lots of help

I have just ordered a Nitro Hammer and need some help.
After the burn in time on the motor usually how long will the glow plug last?
It came with the .15 nitro motor.What are the general life span of nitro motors ?
Any help is greatly accepted...
Old 01-20-2004, 02:32 PM
ibuildstuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st timer needs lots of help

Nitro motors are good motors and will usually last you a long time given its taken care of. I had a nitro motor i took good care of and its still running strong, and usually when it comes to a rebuild its swappin out the piston/sleeve/rod, and a pretty quick "rebuild" per say. The glow plugs well thats a whole nother story, its usually hit and miss.. ive had glow plugs last for 2 minutes, and had the same type of plug (model,manufacture) plug and lasted months. The break in time should be around 8 tanks, use low nitro content for breakin (20% MAX) and breakin with a load on it, meaning youll need to be in the water to break in. 2 tanks at idle, 2 tanks 1/4 throttle, 2 tanks 1/2 throttle, 2 tanks 3/4 throttle, then its balls to the walls time. Ive been breaking in nitro engines this way for years and havent had a problem yet.

Hope this helps ya out

Jesse