Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Megatech Wicked Angel RTR Nitro...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Megatech Wicked Angel RTR Nitro...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 11:16 AM
RC Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megatech Wicked Angel RTR Nitro...

...any of you guys own/owned this boat?..pros and cons?...comments about quality,performance etc?...thanks..RCR
Old 05-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Megatech Wicked Angel RTR Nitro...

Didn't you see the shoot-out in RCBM? Avoid this boat like the plague. Problems with the hull cracking around the motor mount and some Genius is putting grease in the clutch, not too bright.
RCMB usually doesn't have anything bad to say about any boat that they review otherwise they'd lose a lot of advertising revenue. If they complained about it, it must have been bad.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Buggymaster

I am sure the grease in the clutch is from the bearings...almost all bearings for clutch use should have the grease blown out of them before use...
Old 02-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This was on the shoes and clutch bell, not just a little from a bearing. They were not the only ones to complain about it.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Buggymaster

RC Driver did a test and they loved it...and yes the grease from the bearing will cover the shoes and bell...You have to blow the grease out of brand new bearings and oil them if u use them for a clutch or it will get grease on the shoes and bell...
Old 03-01-2005, 02:27 AM
DocBaz

Hey! I also have a wicked Angel, the hull is kind of flimsy but the boat screams on calm water.The radio cover is a pain but effective I took the runnin gear out and hot glued all of the mounts and supports. I also hot glued the screws on the wing. The plastic prop lasted for about 1-1/2 gallons of Blue Thunder 20% and that was a lot longer than I expected. I have to say for the money it was a good deal. I havn't had to replace anything else since I bought it a cpl of years ago.Radio and servos worked fine and still do. Like anything we buy it is more likely to be an individual choice as to wither or not we like or dislike this boat.[sm=drowning.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=thumbup.gif] Just my opinion and everyone has at least 1 or more,Heh heh heh[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]