Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Proboat Shockwave 36

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Proboat Shockwave 36

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Hosemeyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proboat Shockwave 36

They have it at my local hobby shop, (just got it in today) Since I'm on the market for a nitro boat, I may just get one, Do you guys think I should jump the gun and get the newest nitro out?
Old 08-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Proboat Shockwave 36

It's up to you. I haven't seen anything on it yet except on their web site and it a flyer that they sent to my son. I would like to see one in person.
If you get one, let us know what you think of it!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:06 PM
RG501

go for it. it looks like a pretty nice boat. do you know how fast it goes stock?

if you get it, post some pictures!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Hosemeyer

They say 30, but in the right conditions it'll go 35, I'm still considering the nitro hammer because of the price difference.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:47 PM
RG501

how much is the shockwave 36?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Hosemeyer

They got it in at Rider's and it is $350, $25 less than the Nitro Vee. How much did Rider's charge you for your Hammer?
Old 08-05-2004, 10:26 PM
RG501

i went e b a y for my hammer. its works great and i have no complaints. you can get the hammer in hobby stores on the internet for probably 220ish.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Ron Olson

I found an ad last night in the latest issue of RCBM in the inside back page and looked at it closely. Here's what I would do to it:
Remove the left trun fin as I run in the normal race direction, clockwise. Trim the right turn fin to streamline it. While there, I'd angle it so that it's 90 degrees to the "V", not like how they have it.
The tuned pipe looks as though it is choking off the flow of the exhaust. I would port match the header to the motor if possible or replace the header with one that would flow better.
I need to do a little article on how to port match for those that don't know what I'm talking about. This mod will work on any nitro motor and easy to do.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:31 PM
rcflyertwo
My Feedback: (3)

[8D] I just bought the pro boat shockwave 36 today at my local hobby shop. Its my first boat and I hung around the hobby shop for half the day asking the local r/c boaters what they thought of the shockwave, all that looked at it said it appeared to be an excellant entry level boat that should be lots of fun, soooooo I broke down and bought it!!! it looks first rate, i love the fibre glass hull and it comes with a nice wooden stand that I have sitting on a stand now in my living room. Being my first boat ( I fly r/c planes) I would appreciate any tuning tips, maintanance tips ect. ect. thanks Butch in Niagara Falls, ny
Old 08-18-2004, 05:59 PM
rcflyertwo

[8D]Well I ran my Pro Boat Shockwave 36 today for the first time on water!!! I must say it starts right up, moves pretty good as its running very rich yet, the few times it came on pipe it was shooting a real nice rooster tail Seems to run a long time on the tank of fuel. I had a slight mishap on my second run. making a long turn sidewind the boat tipped over on its top[X(]so I quickly turned it off. it then righted itself but began to sink[X(][X(]had I not stuffed some shipping airbags up front I think it would have sunk It half sunk, with the bow sticking straight up out of the water, luckily I was on the side of the lake that the wind was blowing too so the boat came right to me, but because it was half sunk it struck bottom about three feet from shore so I got my feet wet[:@] Sooooo I took everything out of the boat like all the radio gear and batteries, pumped out the engine, fueled it up and ran some fuel through it, then put some after run oil in it. I also put more airbags up front and lots of foam under the radio box and on one side of it, also glued a piece to the top deck, combined that should take care of the half sinking thing. I will put the reciever in a balloon tomorrow, I think had I not stuffed those bags of air up front I would have lost the boat so BEWARE anyone who gets this boat put some floatation in it!!!!!!!Other than that I like the Boat. good luck to any who get it. Butch in Niagara Falls NY
Old 09-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Pagemaster

Any videos Butch?

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com
Old 09-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Ropper

I have the Shockwave 36 and I know from exp that it will not sink when it gets to the straight up and down position, it will stay there for good. I have fliped the boat more than a few times, mainly because I like to run it on the wild side. I have a prather 235 and did not see much of a diference untill I took both turn fins off. Now the boat has more top end.But you can't turn quite as sharp.I would like to know more about the port matching that has been mentioned. I am all about getting all the performance I can. Eric Washington state
Old 09-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Ron Olson

Port matching is pretty much what it says. The exhaust in your engine has an opening so big. The header a lot of the time is smaller, usually on the ends, partially blocking the flow of exhaust gases. .the easiest way to port match is to take the header/pipe gasket and place it on the header to see how much blocking has occurred. A motor that has been run a while can give you a hint also as you can see where the oil has hit the header. Get out the trusty Dremel tool and cut and blend the flow from the header mounting plate to the header tube without going too far making a hole in the exhaust. I take a short stack of those cheap cut-off wheels, usually 4 of them, all new, to do this.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:21 AM
rcflyertwo

[8D]Yeah Ron says it all, I used a dremel tool with a small metal grinding bit, took about ten minutes to open up the exhaust flange and grind off the gobs of weld inside. I then took a small file and smoothed out the ends try to get a nice smooth flow to it. I then put some fine grit emery paper on a very flat surface like a piece of glass and lightly sanded the gasket surface to a super flat surface so you get a good gasket seal also, I did notice a difference in performance, you may have to adjust your needle setting after doing this mod. let me know how you make out. Butch in Niagara Falls
Old 09-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Ron Olson

I just got home a little while ago from one of my LHS's. They have one on the shelf so I HAD to open the box to do a little snooping. The boat was in the bag so I didn't go too far. I can see why they are having problems with the flex cable breaking. An employee there bought noe and his broke right away also. There needs to be a gap of 1/8 to 1/4" between the bushing and strut to prevent the breakage. While you are doing this, grease the cable and those little washers between the drive dog and strut!
Old 02-08-2005, 05:43 PM
villain III

im going to buy a nitro shockwave 36 i had a 775 aqua jet sold that peice of crap and am wondering if the shockwave has reverse incase ?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:09 PM
ejp67
My Feedback: (5)

What was wrong with the aqua jet?????
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Ron Olson

Nope, no reverse. I haven't seen a Nitro powered boat with reverse in it.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
villain III

the aqua jet wasnt all that great on bad conditions and just too slow
Old 02-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Fuller07

i too have this boat and i was wondering how i should lean out my engine?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Ron Olson

Leave it rich for a few tankfuls until it has starting breaking in then slowly start leaning the high-speed needle. Check the head temperature to see how warm it is getting. The spit test or a drop of water on the head will tell you if you need to go richer or leaner. If it sizzles, it's too lean. Too rich and it either won't do anything or bubble slowly. Try to check it as soon as you shut it down, the sooner the better. If the motors revs quickly it is too lean. If it has a slight lag when you blip the throttle, it's pretty close. Remember, the motor will lean out under load of the prop in the water.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:29 PM
teamCAN

Hi, if any of you want to see a video clip of the shockwave 36 then i have a clip.
And i would defenatly get one if you dont already have one.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:19 PM
mixer911

Gotta say i finally got mine broke in and Today I leter RIIIIP... This baot is fast. I have been a week breaking her in after a broken flex shaft and lots of tuning. Got some new props and goodies coming this week.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:42 PM
86RedRocket

I'm looking for my Shock Wave to arrive either Mon. or Tues., so I'm axious to see how it does.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:11 AM
cw1183

Just got the Pro Boat the other day and the water pickup is not working. It won't suck up any water to cooling head. I took off the hoses and blew through them and there weren't any obstructions. Took off the cooling head and nothing blocking it there either. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.