Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Nitro Hammer - fuel spitting out the carb

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nitro Hammer - fuel spitting out the carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
dirtyp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Hammer - fuel spitting out the carb

I got a NH a while back. The first time I tried to fire it up, I kept getting fuel spitting out the carb when I was cranking it. What am I doing wrong? I never did get it started. I have four cars and never had such and issue, altough all of those have airfilters. This was on Memorial Day and this weekend I plan on trying again. Any thoughts?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:46 PM
ejp67
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Nitro Hammer - fuel spitting out the carb

When does it do it. I know mine does when I prime it and then pull it for the first time. Try holding your finger over the carb and pulling it a few times.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:55 PM
dirtyp

Sorry if I was a little abstract, but it occurs when I am trying to get the engine started. I never even had to use the primer button. Fuel seemed to flow freely right into the engine. That was another thing that was quite mysterious to me.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:13 PM
ejp67

take the carb off and see if there is something blocking the slot in the crank.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:27 PM
ejp67

Will the boat fire at all. Did you try priming it enough to get is to fire? How many turns on your high speed needle are you out? Did you try messing with the low speed needle?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:15 AM
911Dispatch

I had the same problem when I first got mine ref. the fuel flowing into the carb without priming. It stopped doing that after a I got it tuned I think it was due to the high speed needle being open to far (too rich), letting too much fuel in. Also, when it's spitting out it is close to flooded if not already, it's getting too much fuel. You'll have too take out the glow plug, turn the boat upside down and pull the cord a few times to clear out the fuel, turn the needle valve in and try it some more. After you get it broke in and tightened up you should have less and less problems. good luck
Old 09-01-2004, 07:12 AM
dirtyp

It is nice to hear that someone else had the same issue. I knew the sucker was flooded as soon as I saw the fuel coming out the carb like it was. I started from scratch emptied the tank and cleared the fuel in the case removing the plug and doing as you said. The second time I filled the tank, while I am filling it, fuel starts bubbling out the carb again without even pulling the start cord. LOL.

This next time I try, I will adjust the HSN and see what happens.

ejp67,

It was at factory set. I didn't touch it one bit, maybe that was my mistake. I should learn to go on past experience instead of following directions sometimes.

Thanks,
DP