Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Shockwave 36 ????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Shockwave 36 ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Ropper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwave 36 ????

To start with I love the boat.But my ? is when my motor burns up which brand and size motor can I buy that has more power. I am not to happy with only getting 1.18H.P at 28,000RPM out of a .32 nitro when I have had .15 and.21 buggy motors with more power than that. Any help would be appreciated. I have already taken the extra head shim out and installed a prather 235. I am also wondering what temp the motor should run. I'm use to temps of 220-250 in my 1/8 scale buggies. But I am new to the nitro boat scene with water cooled motors and the instruction book does not talk about temps,only that you should see a little blue smoke while going wide open. But with the rooster tail the thing shoots it is hard to tell whats coming out of the pipe. Thanks Eric in WA state
Old 09-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Shockwave 36 ????

The next step up would be to drop a 7.5cc (.45) into it.
I was wondering what the HP and RPM (advertised) was. My .21 puts out a lot more than this engine but that one cost me almost as much as your complete boat!
Ya git wutcha pay for.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:50 PM
rcflyertwo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[8D]Irvine engines has a 40 size nitro marine engine and OS has a 46 size nitro marine engine, Towers hobbies has the OS, not sure who has the Irvine. I think both run a little over 200 bucks. Pesonally I think I would rather build a gas boat before I put much into the proboat shockwave 36. I like the 36 a lot , I am really having fun with it now, but I think I would enjoy a slightly bigger faster boat than a smaller faster boat. butch
Old 09-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Right Butch. I feel that you should only go so far with a boat before it's time to upgrade to a bigger, better one.