Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

nh hull repair question

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

nh hull repair question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 06:59 PM
eas___1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nh hull repair question

ok i finnally got the resin,I also got fiberglass mat.Do i need to use the mat on the lil crack or do i jus spread the resin over the crack and let it dry then sand it.Any replies will be apreciated.

thanks,
ethan
Old 09-18-2004, 08:52 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: nh hull repair question

On what ??????
Old 09-18-2004, 09:25 PM
eas___1990

the nitro hammer sorry
Old 09-18-2004, 09:32 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Ok , on an ABS hull ( I believe the HAMMER is ABS , if not , then simply fill in the crack - lift and fill , then sand smooth ) , plain resin ( like from an auto store ) will eventually "break" free due to the vibrations .
your best bet is to as I just wrote in another thread to a fellow who is having stuffing tube problems .
here is a link .... the stuff can be obtained from any auto parts store and costs around $6.00

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_21...tm.htm#2184452

here is what I wrote ...

[quote][I would say , forget the solid shaft , go with a flex and change the stuffing tube out . No need then for bearings and what-nots .
More than likely you have a form of resin epoxy ( off white hard stuff ) holding in the stuffing tube . This is a REAL mother to remove . Best bet its to forget the heat , and try using your Dremel with a VERY small carbon round chewing bit ( I call them "chewers" cause they eat the metal/plastic, etc ,away ) then simply replace with an epoxy that they sell at auto stores which is used specifically for plastic tanks ( like the ones on some radiators , the washer fluid tank , etc , etc ) Once that stuff bonds ( and it DOES bond EXCELLENTLY ) , its there with NO leaks . It will usually come as a kit form , which will also include a swatch of glass matting , an alcohol swab , and the two part epoxy ... ( cost is around $6.00 )
regular glass resin will stick at first , but then the vibration will shake it free and you'll have leaks ....
Again , simply go with a flex shaft , and change the stuffing tube .... much better in the long run .
I did this to a WILDCAT which I put a Megatech M-16 engine in and got rid of the electrics . ( p.s. - this is the SAME stuff I used to hold the engine mount to the hull and she is STILL totally intact . )
/quote]
Old 09-25-2004, 09:24 PM
eas___1990

ok its finnally repaired and sanded.I just didnt have time with homework and what not.I hate homework[&o][:@]