Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

1st time paint job questions

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

1st time paint job questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:13 PM
kvnnina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time paint job questions

Ever since I was a kid I have wanted to paint a nitro boat as a Philadelphia Eagles theme (die hard fan) so why not do that for my first paint job. Anyway my questions are what type of paint do I use and where can I get it for cheap. I was also wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to get something like stencils or something similar that might help with the process. Any other info that might help will be greatful. Looking to spend around $20 for paint no more than $50 for paint not including stencils or decals might even be considered if you might know where I might be able to get them. Any help will be very greatfull.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:57 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: 1st time paint job questions

If you wanna go a cheap shaker can paint , I would go with a brand that NORBY's FARM FLEET sells , which is call VAN SICKLE . It is fuel and gas proof and flows VERY nicely . ( less than $3.00 per can here in Iowa )
Then I would clear coat after graphics are applied .
I would go with vinyl graphics rather than trying a stenciled job . There are MANY vinyl cutters out there starving for work and if you presented most of them , with the exact picture(s) you want , they more than likely will be able to reproduce them very nicely .
But , as with ANY dealings with someone you do not know , I would HIGHLY suggest you know EXACTLY what it is you are going to be getting BEFORE nay payment is made .
I would also suggest using PAYPAL for payment , if you have an account . As with anything ... check around and ask MORE than just one cutter , since there ARE some that think the vinyl is made of gold and then there are others that are out there to just make a reasonable profit .
There is ONE that I would suggest you AVOID . I had VERY bad dealings with him and will NEVER let it lie . He goes by REDRIGGER and his name is Dave . ( From PA ) .
Rather than explain in detail , I will just say that he is VERY UN-professional and can NOT get an order correct ! AND then , he does NOT want to correct his error WITHOUT charging you MORE !
Old 09-24-2004, 09:06 AM
kvnnina

Default RE: 1st time paint job questions

thanks terbobob have you or anyone one heard of ultimatedecals.com if so you think I can trust them. Also I do have an air compressor is it better if I use that instead of can paint. If so what kind and brand should I use. I kind of want to do it the best I can. I kind of need a new airbrush what brands and models are the best. I am going to buy a can or two of the paint you suggested and test it on a scrap boat. Any one that has suggestions please help I want to try to make this as perfect as much as I can. I got all winter long to get it right. thank you for your time