Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

RADIO INFORMATION

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

RADIO INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 03:57 AM
CEO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADIO INFORMATION

I don't under stand.... transmitter this reciever that, crystal whatcha ma-call it, and omg FCC freq. this and that Service crystals blah blah blah whats it talking about? I get the hunch I'm supposed to only use certain stuff for a boat, no clue what it is tho, AND BTW heres a servo Question The Futaba S0030 Servos says it draws high current from that batteries, so does this mean I want to stay away from thos BC my bat. will die? I already have picked out a NIHM 6v 2000 battery from tower hobbies, not sure if I'm using the best or not please give me your feedback, thanks!

P.S. When I said "best" I didn't mean high quality, know what I mean? you KNOW what I mean!

kthxbye

CEO
Old 11-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: RADIO INFORMATION

Let me see if I can clear things up a little for you. Transmitters come in two styles and three signal types. In styles, I'm refering to the wheel type and the twin stick(like the fliers use for their planes). In the three signal types we have the AM, the FM and the FMPCM. The AM is the oldest type, but is also the most suseptible to being interfered with by other radio signal sources. The FM is an updated system which varies frequency for control signals (AM varies signal height). While it's not as suseptible the stray radio signals, it can still be "hit". The FMPCM is a variation of the FM. It works like the FM, but sends the commands in a series of pulses. This pulsing of the signal makes it almost impossible to get hit by stray signals. The receiver is used to pick up these signals from the transmitter and convert them into electrical signals to operate the servos. For the transmitter and receiver to work, they must be of the same signal type and on the same frequency. This is where the crystals come in. They control the frequency being sent out by the transmitter and the frequency the receiver is listening to. Now is where the FCC comes in. The FCC set certain frequency bands for cars/boats and aircraft. Aircraft use the 72MHz and 27MHZ radio systems, while cars and boat use 75MHZ and 27MHZ radios. Most boaters stay in the 75MHZ band, as there are more channels to choose from and no chance of getting crossed up with an airplane. In the 75MHZ band, you have channels 61 through 90 that you can use for a boat. To make all this into a short, sweet sentance, it basically says that the FCC will let you use any radio (AM, FM, FMPCM) on the 75MHZ or 27MHZ band on your boat.

Now that I've probably confused you even more, I checked the Futaba website and couldn't find an S0030 servo. Is this an old servo you've had laying around or what? If you could tell us what kind of boat you are looking at putting a radio in it would be a great help.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:45 AM
CFRACR

I THINK HE MEANT S3003'S. STANDARD SERVOS.

I HAVE NOT HEARD OR READ ANYTHING ABOUT THEM EATING MORE BATTERY POWER THAN OTHERS. I HAVE USED THE 3003'S WITH NO PROBLEMS & HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY MORE BATTERY DRAIN THAN OTHER STANDARD SERVOS.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:36 AM
CEO

opps ya S3003'S and i think i have figured it out see if i did this right here are the products i think that are going to work are there all futaba.
After the towerhobbies site is back up i will post the links to what i think would work
Old 11-17-2004, 09:44 AM
CEO

This is the transmiter 75MHz Channel 86
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXGRM786&P=0

Receiver 75MHz
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXALL3&P=0

Crystal 75Mhz Channel 86
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXBFK186&P=0
Old 11-18-2004, 05:23 AM
Hydro Junkie

It will all work, but before you order the receiver and crystal, check with Tower, because the transmitter says SYSTEM, which may include the receiver as well as the servos
Old 11-18-2004, 05:51 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Yup, it reads like the typical transmitter, receiver, servos package. It's a bit odd that the tower listing left out the receiver info. According to the Futaba site, the package with the 2 S3003 servos would come with the R132JE receiver. The 86 at the end of the title, and part number, means it comes with crystals for channel 86.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Hydro Junkie

That's kinda what I was expecting. I just didn't want CEO to spend money if he didn't need to
Old 11-18-2004, 09:10 AM
CEO

its got that?
Old 11-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all of the radio systems, I have purchaced all included, transmiter, receiver, crystals, on/off switch, battery holder and when stated servos. when ordering the ** at the end of the part order number is where you put in the crystal # your wanting.