Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

I Am Buliding A Boat, Need Some Suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

I Am Buliding A Boat, Need Some Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:00 PM
MiniMental

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Am Buliding A Boat, Need Some Suggestions

So, read through this ppl and tell me how i am doing/what you think so far!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
MiniMental

Back again, going to stick to nitro i think... gonna be RAPID a .46 (7.5cc) in a 36" Mono hull, still going to call it Thing i now need advice on simple 5" stringers that i can put in with ease,
i would also like advice on all Running hardware except:
Engine
Strut + Flex Cable
Rudder

Thanks for all the help i have been given since i joined and started this thread, really helped, back now its winter, trucks + buggys stored till summer so i can work on my boat
Old 10-21-2005, 04:19 PM
eas___1990

hey we've missed have you done any thing with it lately?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:13 AM
MiniMental

Nah, not really, going to start again now.., i would like to know if any one can draw me up a scale diagram that i can work from for some stringers as i have no idea what to do, if you can, could you email them to [email protected] OR [email protected], they would need to be right for a 36" Mono (which is listed in this thread earlier on somewhere if you need pictures) If any one has AIM or MSN Mgr then you can talk to me at aidynic14 onAIM and [email protected] if you like.

Some one please draw me some plans or w/e for stringers, i have no idea what they should be like...
Old 10-22-2005, 12:45 PM
MiniMental

How do you seal a flex drive system?, i would have thought that if you sealed it with grease then because the cable has the ability to flex, it would merely push the grease out of the way and let the water in...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:41 PM
87porsche
My Feedback: (1)

hey i was just reading through the forum and about UR OWN skii boat, where u kidding about the 70+ bc there is know way that thing can hit 70+ unless the whole rig engine driver and boat is under 400 lbs and a heavily modified engine, bc my i race boats and my dad has a 13 foot carbon fiber perfectly flat bottom boat which ways 90 lbs with the hardware very heavily modified 3 banger OMC with a speed master overdrive lowerunit and a coston made drive leg which puts the powerhead around 2inches away from the gear box and im pretty sure it turning in the range 10,000 rpm or more and it ways 100-120lbs and he ways 200 and testing he toped out at 84-86 with the prop shaft level with the bottom of the boat and a racing dewalt prop and with the engine dropped down to 1 1/2" and witha different racing prop from dewalt and it toped out at 70-74 theres no way ur skii boaat does 70+.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:04 AM
MiniMental

dude, glad you pointed that out. i must have pressed a rong key, but both the numbers are wrong. johnson 70hp and +50. Thanks for pointing that out man.

I also have an update on that boat btw, i flipped it in summer and have sold off most of it, i have an aux engine to go and the hull..., it didnt flip right over, but pointed about the angle of this slash \ (the bow at the top) then it hit the water and became quite heavily damaged. when the water hit the transom it flipped the boat forwared again, riped the bolts through my transom throwing my engine into the engine well and snapping, the mounts ,all the bushings, the steering, on control cable and filling the engine up with water whilst it was running. i sold it all for parts.

Any how, the money of that is going on my rc boat