Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

key biscayne?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

key biscayne?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 08:54 PM
alex_hockey
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key biscayne?

does anyone know anything about this boat ? how fast it goes i might also buy one is this a good deal what else would i need to complete and get it on the water thx also how much would all this be worth if i bought it seperatly thx and is it easy to put together for a first timer

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=70161
Old 01-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: key biscayne?

Slow down Alex. I looked at it. I really don't like to say anything about an item in the Marketplace but my 2 cents on it. First it's a plastic boat. It would be better suited to electric power than a Nitro motor, especially a .40 . The motor is relatively unknown so it wouldn't be one for high-performance, pretty much a messing around motor.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:36 PM
alex_hockey
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all's i would want is to run it in my lake now and then as long as it could push that boat faster than 30mph and handel some chop that would be good enough what is wrong with a plastic hull? it would be my first nitro i just want something to learn off of and have a bit of fun thx would it be easy to build

is there a boat that you would recommend that is around 200 and great for a begginer that is a kit i would want to build my boat incase i would have to take it apart thx
Old 01-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

A lot of the plastic hulls don't like Nitro. It will soften them or even make them crack if any spills are not immediately cleaned up. I know this the hard way. I wouldn't use a plastic hull for anything over a .12 and that's still iffy. Too much vibration will find every weak part of the hull.
Easy is a relative term upon how much experience that you have.