Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aqua jet

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:22 PM
DH-02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aqua jet

I finnaly got my own nitro boat (cen aqua jet) i fired it up the other day it sounded extremely powerfull sprayed oil everywhere and now i can't wait to get it out on the water on sunday.Any advice on first time running would be apreciated.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:41 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Aqua jet

put it in the water and hit the gas...
Old 02-25-2005, 06:45 PM
DaveG55

Read and follow the break in instructions. That's very important if you want good performance and long engine life. Take something to retrieve the boat when it stops in the middle of the lake. A fishing pole with a tennis ball attached to the line works well. Be patient, when breaking in the engine it will run crappy and can be frustrating but, in the end, well worth it.
Dave
Old 02-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I owned one of its sister boats the Grey Thunder. It went last weekend at a swap meet as I own too many boats to run when I head to the pond. They are great running motors once the are broken in. Keep the driveshaft lubed and get rid of the stock prop, it's terrible. Any Octura prop from an X437 to a X440/3 or an X637 all work well on that boat. Clean up any fuel spills ASAP as the hull is fuel resistant, not fuel-proof.
The run time isn't very long with the stock tank. I installed a Sullivan SS-4 (4 oz.) tank in mine for much longer run times. It'll fit right in place of the stock one.
If you haven't got enough steering (or too much), use that 3rd knob on the transmitter to increase or decrease the rudder throw.
One extra tip that can be easily done. I personally don't like the water intake line over the top of the carb. You can rotate the head 90 degrees just in case the line comes off and dumps water in the carb. Be careful on your first runs until you get used to the handling of the boat. Wrap the reciever in a balloon, plastic bag or something to help from it getting wet then zip-tie it closed.
That's about all that I can think of at this hour of the night. Have fun!
Old 02-26-2005, 04:37 AM
DH-02

Well the stock tank i heard has about 10-12 mins worth of run in it,the top of the hull has like a waterproof tape that goes round it and i will change the stock prop after the 1st run i want to get used to it and finnaly in the engine manual it said it has to go through two tanks of fuel to run it in properly.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:54 PM
viperdude

go out and buy an rc plane, just a cheap electric, learn to fly it, and get your reflexes up, then once you have done that, driving your boat will be a cinch.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
DH-02

I did have one before and i badly messed it up i spent an extra £50 on wings and some electronic thing. So i will pass on that idea, i took it out on sunday i got a bit nervous though and cut it out in the middle of the lake(drifted back after 10 mins or so) the only thing i am worried about now is getting it up to 30 mph and it flipping does anyone have any ideas on stopping that.
thanks for any help