Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 My NH or the Miss LLumar??? >

My NH or the Miss LLumar???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

My NH or the Miss LLumar???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:51 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My NH or the Miss LLumar???

Ok, so I have a nitro hammer, but I think I have fallen in love with the Miss LLumar[] This boat is better then the Bud because of some of the small detailed things they changed. I want to know if I should sell my NH and get a ML? How much could I get for my NH?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:22 PM

Default RE: My NH or the Miss LLumar???

I saw a few Nitro Hammers on e-bay for $125 to $180. Me, I'd keep the NH and save up for the Miss L too. You'll be able to use the Hammer more than th hydro cause it's better on rough water.
Dave
Old 03-06-2005, 10:25 PM

I figure I could get 180 at least because of all the mods I did, Like the surface drive. But My price is probably more then someone wants to pay
Old 03-06-2005, 11:18 PM

That's always been the problem with modding any engine or vehicle. Most people think it's real cool to hop up, pimp out, customize, modify and improve a vehicle right up till it comes time to buy one that's been done. Then, all of a sudden, the vehicle's not even worth what a stock one is because it's been "tampered with". Usually, you cannot even sell a modded vehicle to some who does mods themselves. They want to do it themselves and don't trust work done by someone else. It's never cheap to do mods on any vehicle and you can very seldom get what you've spent. Notice I did not say "what you've got invested". An investment is to make you money and there are very few who can make money on a modified vehicle.
That's why I said that I'd just keep the boat you have and start saving for the next one. The Hammer is a pretty simple and fun boat and it will be nice to have around even if you get the Miss L.
Dave
Old 03-08-2005, 06:06 PM

i got my nh for 40 bucks almost brand new, my brother was moving out and i snagged it for a deal cause he was desperate for money. Just in time too, my airstreak hull cracked after all the crap i put it through.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:28 PM

I just received my miss bud a couple of weeks ago and It has the same upgrades as the Miss LLumar. Flex shaft and switch.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Cool, I am fixin to get a Miss Bud with a .18 air/watercooled engine. It is also converted to flexshaft and the radio box has been modified a little. All of this for 200.00.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:01 AM
My Feedback: (15)

email me some pictures of your hammer I might be interested
Old 03-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (15)

I have a Miss LLumar and love it It is my fisrt boat and would not give it up the speed is about 25 to 30 that is fast but not fast enought for me.
I am also working on another Miss LLumar I am going for that ungodly speed of 60mph
I am installing a OS21 I have when with a bigger flexshaft and prop I will hope to have it on the water by the weekend of the 18th
I will post vid and pics of it soon so look for he post
Old 03-13-2005, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: jerryrusso

email me some pictures of your hammer I might be interested
Hey, I actually decided to keep my hammer for a little longer because my dad wants to run it. But if I get ready to sell it I'll let you know first.