Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Speed Please! >

Speed Please!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Speed Please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Please!

Well its about time for spring to come around in New England, and for me that means no more skiing but going to the lake at ICE OUT. WOO HOO that also means rc boating. I purchased a new nitro hammer off of Tower hobbies last fall. I ran into many problems but got around them evantually. I also baught a macs tuned pipe but never got a chance to run the boat with it. My friend got a shock wave, and it was fast i dont know how fast. My other friend has a Titan mono hull with a hacker brushless engine. It stinks for me when they have a jolly time racing and i either get bored from being crushed in races or my boat capsizing and the servos malfunctioning! hOW MUCH SPEED WILL THE NEW PIPE ADD, AND WHAT CAN I DO TO KEEP UP WITH MY FRIENDS? If there is no way the nitro hammer could make it to like 30-35mph then dont be afraid to tell me. I just want to race and if that means selling the nitro hammer and getting a new boat so be it.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:14 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Speed Please!

The problem you will find out isn't really the tuned pipe itself but being able to get the header short enough to get the proper length to make the pipe do its job otherwise it's not much more than a muffler. Yes, the layout and position of the radio box is the thing that's in the way of getting the pipe short enough.
Any way around it? Not really without having to leave the hatch off and swapping the header out for one from maybe an Associated TC-3.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:58 PM
My Feedback: (5)

I don't know how fast my NH is but I have done a lot of mods to it. You would probably be better off getting a boat that is made to go faster for the money you will have in your hammer.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:51 AM

The main thing to consider is what do you want?

If you want to compete with your friends then you will need to have a boat that is competitive. It is not fair really to compare/compete against a 36 inch hull with a 24 inch one. The wake alone from the Shockwave will have your Hammer bounching like crazy behind it. As for the Titan its also a bigger hull.

So if you want to blow your buddy's away or at least be able to compete with them, you will need a larger hull & bigger engine to go with it.

There are many options that wont break the bank, & we can help you get something tweaked out to make their jaws drop when you blow by them if you want.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:22 PM

Hey can you guys give me some ideas of boats that could compete with the shock wave? I estimate the hammer goes like 20-25mph, and I think my friends boats go like 30-35mph. I dont have much money but I could sell my car with the novak brushless motor and the nitro hammer and end up with some cash. What are fast boats that are cheap? I might not have been clear my friend has the shockwave 36 not the 55. Sorry
Old 03-16-2005, 05:12 PM

you can go with the nitro vee, it can reach about 35, and handle pretty rough water, however, because the boat has a nitro motor as well as an electric for staring, you will need some batterys, a charger, as well as all the other compponents needed to run a normal nitro boat.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:30 PM

So your saying the nitro vee will go 35 stock? I have heard the nitro hammer is actually faster than the nitro vee. But I dont know for sure. Any other help would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:25 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Don't do the NITRO VEE.[:'(] I would say go with the Aeromarine MeanMachine.18. It will go 32 stock and with some mods it will be crazy. I have one with a .21 and last weekend when there was some wind I had airborn sideways. The MM is $379.00 for the rtr.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:32 PM

Hey ejp your on this site to! Alot of people on this site are also a members of Radio control zone. LOL. Mean Machine Hunh. Which is faster your mean machine or your hopped up nitro hammer? Oh and have you heard anything on the miss llumar and if it goes like 30mph like their claim?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done a number of mods to my hammer all of which cost me $0. I don't know how fast it goes but it seams fast for the money. Another friend has the mac pipe and an associated header. My boat with the standard pipe is faster but his better pickup.