Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Whats the difference between nitro and gas?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Whats the difference between nitro and gas?

Old 04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
gunner42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the difference between nitro and gas?

Alrighty, well i think that I might get into this little sport. I was thinking about the heli's but im afraid that i might send one into the ground, and quiet honestly i dont want to waste that much money. I was considering the [link=http://www.rcboatmodeler.com/reviews/hammer.asp]hammer[/link] and it is a nitro boat. What i was wanting to know is, what is the difference from nitro fuel to gas fuel? Also how or where can i get the fuel or get the necessities to make the fuel?. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Whats the difference between nitro and gas?

Gas refers to the gasoline that is used in cars, motorcycles, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc. Gas engines, and the boats one uses them in are larger than the typical glow engine. Glow fuel is a mixture of alcohol, oil, and nitromethane. Some people mix their own, but most just buy it from their local hobby shop.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:26 AM
gunner42

So now my question is, which is better? Nitro or Gas = ( are the gas motors that are larger better than the nitro, or not? )
Old 04-14-2005, 06:07 AM
mhols

the gas engine are more easy to start you only have to pull the starter handle. with nitro engies you need a hand held starter and a battery to glow the plugg.but you can also get nitro engines with a pull start they are usualy range from 2,5cc to 5,0cc.
the price on gasoline engines are much higher.and you need a larger boat.
if you are looking for a starter boat you should get a shockwave 36 its and exelent boat and it comes ready to run.with a pullstart nitro engine and it got a fiberglas hull .