Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

I'm such a chicken.....!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

I'm such a chicken.....!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 09:58 PM
ejp67
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm such a chicken.....!!!!!

I went to the lake I was running at the other day and the weeds are already to the surface[&o] I remebered seeing a pond by my parents friends house so I went and looked at it. It is sweet, there are rocks all around it so no mud I decided that I should go ask the people if I could use it. [][] I was soooooooooo nervis when I went up to the house but the people were older and extremely nice. Well the old man was kindof stubbern sounding but I now have a nice pond to run at. I am soooo excited and the best part is that they live in fort worth Texas so they won't have to listen to my boats.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:12 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: I'm such a chicken.....!!!!!

Sounds good ... just make sure you are running with a failsafe ....
Those rocks CAN be murderous .....[&o]
Old 05-16-2005, 04:59 AM
dbm0011

Dont be scared, all they can say is no. Do your home work and you will eventually have some nice private lakes and ponds to run in. I am currently allowed to run on 2 private lakes/ponds here in my little town. I doubt most people even know that they are there.
Did not have any luck with rock quarry's. Seems to be a liability issue. 200-600' deep ponds about 3-4 acres long.
I was able to find a GIS map locator for my town and am able to filter what I want to see on the map. Major streets and streams/ponds are all that I usually look for. Works well.
Here is a link just so you can check it out.
http://gis.ci.staunton.va.us:8082/gis/mgdefault.asp
You will need to download the viewer first.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:39 AM
eas___1990

wow thats pretty deep was it an old clay pit or sumtin?But whem it comes to ponds i just run in the lake right on the other side of the street...im pretty content.Oh and also i was wandering is an rc bc would be ableto halde a small stream or river