Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 picco marine .65 engine >

picco marine .65 engine

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

picco marine .65 engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picco marine .65 engine

Hi ,

This is a really old engine, but never seen fuel, the top end has been taken apart and would like for someone to give me a hand to reassemble correctly. is there a gaskit or a o-ring that goes btween the glow button and the water jacket head??

I would like to get my hands on a parts list and an exploded view of this engine.

Wish to install this into a 1980 ish atlas vanlines scale hydo boat

need help on this

Thanks in advance,

Cam
Old 05-17-2005, 07:24 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: picco marine .65 engine

Cam, while rummaging through my old stuff in my shop I came across some of my old Picco 65 parts. I'll try to remember to look at the parts tonight. Typically there is a seal (O ring) between the head button and the water jacket (head). There will also be a head gasket between the head button and cylinder. That gasket is what seals the combustion chamber and also sets the head clearance.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 AM

Hi John,
There is a God! Thanks a million !
I understand the shims between the cumbustion sleeve and the head button must be set for what fuel your going to use? there are currently 2 there. I haven't measued them yet... That sleeve looks like it should be lined up to the exaust port in some manner too?

I really appriciate Your help

Cam

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61919.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	272697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20989.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	272698  
Old 05-18-2005, 11:53 AM

Cam, I haven't forgotten you. Well, yes I did. I was in my shop last night, working on an Albatros D5a from plans I got from a contact east of you in Ontario. The Picco simply slipped my mind. I think they call that CRS. Today I put a note in my pocket so I'll remember to pull the Picco parts out when I get home. I usually empty my pockets when I get home so there is a better than even chance I'll be on track tonight.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:54 AM

Hi John,

How did you make out with that rummaging?

Cam
Old 05-18-2005, 12:07 PM

Thanks John, i really appriciate this help....I owe You a beer !

CRS is bad ..lol

I could do some drafting for you if you ever need any done in 3d solid modling.

Here's a question too...do you think this would be crazy to install this picco into this hull?
is it like installing a big block into a Nova...

I was so frustrated with the k&b .40 that is in there right now, it's a side exhaust. Just sunday had it running smoothly. So i'm actually thinking of getting some plans and building a nother hull for this bigger engine.

Are You doing anything with these old parts that you have??

Have A Great Day ;-)

Cam
Old 05-18-2005, 07:27 PM

Cam, if the "Old" Atlas is designed for a 40 then the 65 will be like putting a big block in a Nova. More weight and certainly more power than the boat can handle. I ran my Picco in a 'C' class outrigger hydro. Plenty of power. If you are serious about building a new boat for the 65 and want it to be scale looking, a 1/8th scale hydro is right up your alley. Just south of you in Seattle is the mecca for Scale Unlimited Hydroplanes. Roger Newton (Newton Marine) has hundreds of plans for scale hydros. Check out his web site. There is some very good help available on this forum for scale building and racing from "Hydro-Junkie. He's from Marysville Washington. Seattle area I believe.