Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Nitro Vee Hull?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nitro Vee Hull?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Hosemeyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Vee Hull?

I need a new Nitro Vee Hull.... some nitro fuel leaked out of the tank and started to eat away at the part where the engine mounts to, not the actual bottom part of the hull. I'm wondering first, when I buy a new hull, what kind of paint do I cover the insides with to stop the nitro fuel from eating away at it?

Here is a picture:
http://www.hostedimg.com/uploads/DSC00010.JPG

Second, at some point in time I saw a fiberglass nitro vee hull, does anyone know where I could find one of these?

Also, it seems that the head of my engine is getting too hot, is there a better water pickup that I can use to get more water to the engine?

When my boat has a functional hull, it runs perfectly and will go for hours... I'd just like to get it a little cooler.

Also, does anyone know where to get two water proof servos to replace the current ones?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:47 PM
goodtimes
My Feedback: (53)

Default RE: Nitro Vee Hull?

I don't see anything wrong with your mounts. I DO see that you had the same problem I did. What I did was cut some plastic of a 2 litre Coke bottle and shaped it to the bottom and filled it with epoxy, then used plasticdip to coat the inside, servos and receiver. http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisp...680&forumid=23
For the cooling you should upgrade the water pick up to a little bigger size 3/16 brass tube and upgrade the original silicone tubing toi the large ones. http://www.pirespreto.com/traxxas.htm You could get more info here http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisp...680&forumid=23
Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Hosemeyer

Sorry, I didn't get a good picture of where it hits the motor mounts... but it has eaten away right around the motor mounts.

On the traxxas forums, I saw people use plastic dip, will that protect it from the nitro fuel? I know it's water proof so I'd probably dip all the electronics in it, but if it can also protect against the nitro, that'd be nice aswell.

Also, Is the bottom of the hull protected against nitro fuel? if not, how is it possible to coat that so it doesn't get eaten away aswell.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:54 AM
eas___1990

you know what they needto do they need to design an enternal bladder for the fulltank that a hose is just bonded on to or sumntin
thats my 2 cents
Old 05-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Hosemeyer

One final question, on top of the other ones above.... Does the water cooling have to be hooked up to the muffler and the exhaust manifold, or can I just do one pipe right out the side?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:54 PM
goodtimes

I have used plastic dip and forgot to close the fuel tank. All the fuel spilled out but didn't harm the plastic dip. You should always clean the inside of the hull everytime you take it out. NEVER let the fuel sit in the hull. The inside of the hull should have a thin plastic lining.

Do not remove the tubing that goes to the muffler and manifold. Its for cooling purpose.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Hosemeyer

How do you go about cleaning out the hull? Everything is so tight it makes it a little hard. Also, you can't really spray it down with water because you're more then likely to get some into the carb or something like that.... help would be appreiciated.

Secondly, from your previous post, you said there is a plastic lining in the hull... is that the part of the hull that's just inside of where the water actually touches or the engine compartment.

Does the glow plug ignitor work with your ez-start? Mine doesn't so I had to purchase a regular glow plug ignitor... when mine did work, it seemed to take longer to start than the stand-alone one.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:25 AM
goodtimes

You would need to take everything out and clean it. There is two parts for the hull the bottom has a thin lining.
My Ez start works fine.

Does yours have a head gasket? Mine does not and it leaks at high RPM.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:08 AM
barnstormerboats

If you are looking for a high quality fiberglass replacement hull, Check out my line of boats at www.barnstormerboats.com

I have boats from 23" up to 80" of all different types and will be happy to custom make one for you.

Tim