Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Engine Revving Out Of Control!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Engine Revving Out Of Control!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 03:57 AM
911Dispatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Revving Out Of Control!

Hi all,

Subject: Nitro hammer

The problem I'm having is this, my boat previously ran fine on the current needle settings. The other day I ran approximately a half a tank through with no problems then I stalled it. I brought it in and when I restarted the engine, it revved extremely high as if I had it full throttle and stayed there. I didn't mess with my needle settings and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I went ahead and threw it in the lake and let it run hoping the engine would settle back down. It ran for a little bit with no let up and when I gave it throttle it killed the engine. I brought it back in and every time I started it after that, the engine still continued to run very high rpms. I did try turning the high-speed needle down some and it slowed it down a little bit however, it was groggy and didn't respond right after that. I set the needle back where I had it before and it’s still running too fast. Any ideas on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 04:23 AM
dbm0011

Default RE: Engine Revving Out Of Control!

Just a guess. Throttle trim adjust on radio.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, how wide open is the barrell in the carb? At idle you should have no more than a small opening. Enough to put a needle through (sewing needle). Next I would check the fuel circuit for a restriction that is making the engine run extremely lean. Your comment about the engine having no power and quiting when you open the throttle tells me you are to lean. Since you have not changed the needle setting from prior good runs I suspect a lack of fuel flow to the mixture needle. Also check your fuel lines for a source for an air leak. That will also cause a lean mixture.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:29 PM
eas___1990

really wish i could help you but i got fed up with my nh engine and riped it out and installed a new .18 cvrx made by os engines.Now my nh runs great
Old 06-08-2005, 04:45 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My hammer did that right out the box. This fix was that the LSN was way too lean. I know that you said it only started doing this but it is worth a look.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:22 PM
911Dispatch

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try that Palica.