Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Pull start or No pull start?????

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Pull start or No pull start?????

Old 06-22-2005, 06:32 PM
ejp67
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull start or No pull start?????

I can save 20 bucks on an engine if I get it without a pull starter. I have an electric starter for an airplane. What do you guys prefer?? Should I save myself 20 bucks or is it worth the extra???
Old 06-22-2005, 06:48 PM
cooldude3552000

Default RE: Pull start or No pull start?????

this is a nitro engine right? If it is one of those big gasoline engines then the pull start is much easier. If it is a nitro engine then an electreic start is alot better. I tried a pull start on my nitro vee and it was the worst. I got it started once. Then iit broke and it was hard to pull. I would say go with the electric start.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I prefer the electric starters because #1, I'm lazy, and #2, the recoils break easily if you pull too hard on them. A non-pull start engine is a little faster, not much to the average user.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:21 PM
eas___1990

in my opinnion it depends where your gonna be runnin it if you can just unload your stuff right next to the bank/shore of the pond without have to walk then i would go with an electric but if you have to walk down to the pond a lil ways then i would just get a pullstart then carry all the stuff
Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM
joman2055

I like pullstarts a lot more than electric starts. with an electric you have to lug around a battery and the starter. If you have a properly tuned engine and dont pull the cord out too much and dont pull it if the engine is flooded then you shouldnt have a aproblem at all. If an electric start is what you are used to and you dont mind the extra gear go with that.

As for the power gain, you wont notice any difference in performance (at least to my knowledge).