Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Nitro pipes for K&B outboard engines.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nitro pipes for K&B outboard engines.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 06:48 AM
brettos01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro pipes for K&B outboard engines.

Something I have noticed, or have noticed the absence of, is bolt on nitro pipes on any of the K&B outboard engines being used in these Posts.

It's been yonks since I used an outboard engine on my boats, probably 10 years or so.
I remember a formula 1 tunnel I had, with a K&B .21 hanging of the back of it.
It ran wicked well and I ran it at ORAN Park Car raceway here in Australia. (There is a pond in the middle of the track)
with the A.M.P.B.A. We had all modified our Lower units to accept a locally produced "nitro pipe" and sorry guys but we kicked your B's.
Having said that, it was only that class that we did any good.
I remember standing on the shore, tongue hanging out, watching the outriggers absolutely screeming around the circuit and lapping all our best boats.
One was going so fast, the driver lost control of it and before he could react the boat was about 50M up the bank!

But back to the subject.
Does anyone use "nitro pipes" on K&B outboard engines any more.

Brettos.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Nitro pipes for K&B outboard engines.

Yes they do. One of the best pipes being made right now is coming out of Oz. Look up Salisbury Power Pipes.
It's rare to see a race up here that doesn't have a lot of modded engines as they do most of the time place the factory stock engines in with the Modded ones. NAMBA does have a class for them but the IMPBA, it seems to be used only at the Internat's.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:07 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Up until recently, I only ran K&B OB's.. Now running a MAC .21. Pipes I've used over the years: Irwin stamp (wrap around and standard), Aerotech and Garcia's. My favorite pipe are the Garcia Mini Marine style. At some point, I will get one of those SPP pipes.

At the recent All Outboard Shootout held in S.C., one of the top 3 finishers ran a stock K&B (7.5) , no pipe, in the mod class. Think this just proves that pipes are not all they are made out to be. From what I recall, the boat was fast, not just one of those that stays clear of the floating debris.. Can't find that information right now...
Old 10-07-2005, 07:21 PM
brettos01

OH yeh. That was the pipe, "salisbury" was the choice and I guess still is.
Nice to see these pipes are still in use and great to here that people are still modding
these engines.

Regards Brettos.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:52 PM
crazyotto
My Feedback: (2)

here is a pic of my motor w tuned pipe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86251.jpg
Views:	1187
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	342131  
Old 10-22-2005, 07:56 AM
salisburypipes

Thanks for the interest in the SPP carbon fibre pipes from Down under. These pipes have been around for a long time and are sold all over the world.
The SPP OB pipes are available mainly in a 3.5 cc range with a standard and full race version. Also to this is the 45 range and available shortly will be a G260 outboard pipe which is based on our race winning hydro pipe and will be seen here soon. I am curently awaiting my new lawless gas leg and a 50" tunnel so I will keep you posted.

As more people understand the benefits of Carbon Fiber pipes you will see more models fitted with them. They work a little diferently than the conventional alloy and steel pipes and are very good at retaing a constant pipe temperature which enables a better tuning.

feel free to email me with any questions.