Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Dynamite .15 engine, good or not?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dynamite .15 engine, good or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:15 PM
ledzep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite .15 engine, good or not?

Hello, does anyone know about the Dynamite . 15 engine? Do they run good, and for how long? I was looking to put a .15 on my small boat. And how fast or hot do they run, I would like to get some good speed!
Old 10-09-2005, 02:12 PM
ledzep

Default RE: Dynamite .15 engine, good or not?

Hello, is any one out there?
Old 10-09-2005, 02:38 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ledzep
Does any one care?

Sorry, could not resist that!! As for the motor in question, haven't used one myself so I can't comment on it.

How small is this small boat? Others have experince using these small motors. One item to point out is the crank shaft. If it has the short length threads, most likely will not work for boats.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:23 PM
ledzep

The dynamite .15 engine is a mariene engine, so it is made for boats, I just wanted to know how well it preformed.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's the same engine used in the ProBoat Miss Bud/Miss LLumar.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:10 PM
ledzep

Yes it is the same. Does it perform well, or should I spend my money on a better motor like an O.S?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

They would both be in the "sport" engine category but if you want more speed I'd go with the OS personally.
Dynamite doesn't show any HP and RPM numbers and I've tried to find them before. The OS line of engines seem to be more trustworthy to me when they print their numbers, no outrageous claims. I've tweaked my OS a little with a Nova Rossi .21 carb that a friend cut down for me to fit in the carb boss. That little engine can breathe now! The problem that I've found when using any of the small engines (under .21) is that they use the same carbs that the 4-wheel people run that are limited to size by the sanctioning bodies like ROAR.
Keep in mind that I'm running the heat sink head car engines as they sit high enough in my hulls to where they get more than enough cooling air. I've also found out that some of those run great in boats and some don't. What I'd call the middle-of-the-road engines seem to do just fine in boats.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:36 PM
rcboatnrules69

hey .. yes its an strong little fast motor for sure.. i highly recomend it
Old 01-19-2006, 08:21 AM
CFRACR

IS THERE ANYONE HOME>>> Just needed to finish the chorus.........
ORIGINAL: ob nut

ORIGINAL: ledzep
Does any one care?

Sorry, could not resist that!! As for the motor in question, haven't used one myself so I can't comment on it.

How small is this small boat? Others have experince using these small motors. One item to point out is the crank shaft. If it has the short length threads, most likely will not work for boats.
As for the Dyno .15s, I own one and have found it to be a dependable, easy to tune, and a real decent sport engine all around. As for speed and so on that you asked..... To many variables to give you any answer there. Need lots more info, & still that would be a guess.

I have my .15 in a Hammer with a Mac pipe and it works out just fine. I just needed to do a better flywheel setup than Hobbico had with the stock engine.

As for making it work in your boat, look at it this way. If it will fit in, it will work! Will just take some customizing, thats all. Thats why this is a hobby...........

Old 01-19-2006, 01:38 PM
boataddict

My Dyno .15 failed after 2 gallons because the piston clip came loose and wedged itself between the piston and the cylinder. HorizonHobby/Dynamite repaired the motor under warranty and I had the motor back in hand 4 days after. I’ve dealt with other RC distributors and their support pales in comparison to Horizon’s. Other than good support, this little motor works well, in the Bud (hydro) you can get 30+ MPH but like CFRACR said there are many other variables to consider such as hull type, size, weight, trim etc. to give just one answer. If you decide to buy be sure to follow the proper break-in and tuning procedures to get the most out of it...