Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
BlueMonster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

In that case, yes. Anything is possible. I would search on Tower and see what kinds of pumps you can find.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:24 PM
bookboy22

I have an opinion, put this water pump on your vee and let us all have a good laugh.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXDR42

Maybe it will keep your engine nice and cool while you idle. Look it's huge. I know the pump is for a gas motor, but since you don't like to listen to Vertical, who has helped us all out with great advice, then who cares what kind of engine it's for. Just as long as you have a water pump and your engine stays nice and cool at idle. You might even win the award for the coolest engine at idle. Just think about it, you could just sit there and watch your engine idle and it would keep cool at the same time. Amazing stuff!!!. I'm sorry, but I just needed a good laugh.

Vertical, please keep you opinons comming, as they have helped me.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:32 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me too,I like a good laff,thanks vertical for maintaining your "coolness" with our sometimes ignarant ?s..........
Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 PM
BlueMonster

Okay, this is crazy.

Vertical knows some stuff about boats, but that doesn't mean he knows everything, nor does he know how I or anyone else wants to set up or run our boats. It's probably a good idea to consider his advice, but it's your boat, do with it what you want. Seriously, there is no reason to bash someone because they don't want to follow Verticals instructions for the standard boat.

The pump in the link is pretty much the only water pump offered, and it's really not that big. There are also a couple fuel pumps that could be wired in, but they are a little bigger. They should pump water just fine.

I would enlarge the tubing and make sure it all flows freely, but if you want to add a pump as well, it's really not going to hurt anything at all. Water will flow, engine will cool, end of story.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

ok, I did suggest perry pumps so why all tyhe problems, I may seem opinionated but if it dtops someone from doing something they will be unhappy with then why not, yeah fuell pump would work, but the batteries to run it for a day of running would wiegh the vee down, also if it fails then you got nothing and no way to tell, the larger pump in the link works off vacume and is overridden with a standard pickup once on plane, its for gassers like my crackerbox, which needs the clutch cuz I can juice it in the shallow at the shoreline or I'll smash my prop all to heck, perry pumps would work, adds wieght though, also youd need to drill and tap a whole in the engine case, so if the pressure line gets a pin hole now the engine has an air leak, you accidently strip the threads, woops new crankcase time, its not practical is all I am trying to say, and bluemonster when you said youd like the to keep the clutch even though I suggested ditching it, didnt I tell you about the nice integy 3 shoe system thats would work nicely with you setup, more strength and better grab while maintaining the clutch all for 13 bucks or so...look on tower for a perry pump if you must, but I believe your cooling problems are either from a fault in the system or from improper use of the boat, nitro boats were never intended to sit still, can you cruise slow, yeah, if its on plane(which isnt much over walking speed)then its should be shotting at least some water from the exit, it doesnt take much flow at all to cool these motors, they are happy at around 240-250 degrees, traxxas engines run hot, my 3.3 maxx was happy as could be running 250-270 which by other brands is a bit high.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:46 AM
BlueMonster

No Vertical, I have no problems with you! I take a lot of what you say to heart. I just didn't think shutting that guy down was a great idea, I know it wasn't you who did anything wrong! I appreciate your input, but when someone comes in with a problem, there may be more than one fix.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:28 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER
My Feedback: (4)

actually i am with vertical on this one... the nitro vees if setup properly according to our specs on this forum. should run damned well. there be no need for a water pump. i would say to the new guy to take the water head off the engine and clean it. also make sure all lines are in good condition from the water picup and the exit. you may also wanna upgrade your picup to a bigger diameter brass tube. just slightly bigger then the actual stock picup. use the eisting bracket for it as well. . i also took out my rtr to lose weight. the pump would just way the boat down and thats a good way to burn your engine also.... too much weight for the .15 pros to handle....[8D] if noone likes my explanation too bad.... i am only goin with what vertical and i did to our vees.... and it works great...
Old 08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
pacotaco

this must be why this forum is the UNOFFICIAL home of the nitro vee. wheres the official?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:22 PM
mopartybob

We are all the officials here,so pacotaco,you ask a question,recieve an answer that reflects a possible solution along with albeit an opinion you did'nt like,you fire back with the rhetoric of someone very demanding and i want it now attitude,Well get over it !try your local hobby shop with that "tude" and see where you end up in line.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:13 PM
pacotaco

wow
Old 08-24-2006, 03:18 PM
pacotaco

my question was simply a yes or no question and if yes give some details. how is that demanding? this is the place to ask questons right? or is it the place to argue , cause if it is the place to argue i didnt mean to join this thread
Old 08-24-2006, 03:23 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

ok here is your answer paco.... NO!,NO!,NO!. just read through the thread and you will see the mods we have done.....no need for a pump. there is your answer. if ya still wanna get a pump then be our guest. have fun fetching your sunken boat with a burned out engine.......[8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 03:34 PM
pacotaco

jeez so harsh, ill be taking make nitro vee questions to another forum. you guys take everything so ****ing seriously. calm down
Old 08-24-2006, 04:10 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

we do take it to heart yes. but if your new into the nitro vees then you'll have to take us seriously. we do know what we are talking about. if we were not serious then we would not have this thread and proven mods that work. [8D] cheers to you my friend. good luck and safe boating.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:45 PM
mopartybob

mooooving right along,by using a combo of mods and idea's from this thread,I've decided on this platform for my nitro vee-OS.21se-m w\tuned pipe,speedmaster surface drive kit w\rudder assy., combo spin\trim tabs, I have'nt yet decided on prop,have to wait and see how much she drafts.........any comments ? advice? I'll be using blumonster's transom \hull glassing technique and mods from others that have proven benefits,or to just make the vee look cool....thanks to all mopartybob
Old 08-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Vertical3-D

mopartybob, if you PM Ron Olsen he should be able to give you a good starting point for a prop with that engine in a nitro vee hull, I would say you have a deep vee however many inches long and that engine, you say nitro vee and he will suggest you invest inb a better boat, which is a good idea, but I like doing things out of the norm. suprises people to see a boat everyone looked down on flying by at 40mph...so and if that tool pacotaco comes back then to him I say its the unofficial thread because you arnt allowed to have an "official" thread on anything, so apparently once again he didnt know what he was talking about how many times do I have to say "PERRY PUMP" for it to sink in, please either participate with us or leave peacefully, he can ask that wherever he wants it will be the same answer, Im not trying to be bias, not trying to disrespect, I am just trying to save the guy a few bucks and hours on something that isnt needed, but now I am done with it, and as mopartybob said...mooooving right along...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:58 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

couldnt have siad it better myself....[8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 06:15 PM
mopartybob

Hey V3-D,sorry i don't have ron's address could you redirect that to me,and I understand the concept of using a better boat to begin with, but i like the idea of stuffing big engines in small platforms,I've done a chevy vega, and triumph tr-6 with small block chevy engines and encountered the challenges of keeping it all planted,I guess thats just ME.........thanks buddy for the help and info.............mopartybob
Old 08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Vertical3-D

big engines in small things are awesome, I am trying to aquire a honda cr500 dirtbike at the moment, find a thread where Ron Olsen responded or posted, and PM him that way, there will be a small PM button somewhere, he knows his stuff when it comes to boats, I ask him stuff when I dont know, he should be able to give you a starting point, Id duggest going with a carbon fiber prop at first till you find the right size then invest in a metal one once you have it dialed in.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:42 PM
kountryboy

Man I would love to ride a 500 2 stroke one day vertical ive got a 2001 yamaha yz250 2 stroke and its a handfull. I also have a 1996 honda xr400 4 stroke that has all kinds of motor work done to it just to hang with a 250 2 stroke here are my two bikes. But I would rather ride my yamaha any day of the week its just something about the all of the sudden power of a 2 stroke I like.
http://x10.putfile.com/3/8117082298.jpg
Old 08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Vertical3-D

nice man, Id take a 250 if I could find one, whats crazy is they make big bore kits for the 500 like a 550cc two stroke, thats insane, I definatly hope I can get one, luckily year isnt a big deal as almost nothing changed from 1987 till around 2000 on the cr 500, the 87 even has more modern lines then mst of its similarly aged bikes, a 250 id want 2000 or newer, a CRF 450 4 stroke would be nice but no way I can afford that, so hopefully luck out and end up with a cr500, you can get aftermarket plastics to make an older cr500 look newer also, I like old honda stuff, I had a ATC 350x which was a badass machine, dangerous to say the least, but Ill let you know if (or when) I get a bike...I def. need another
bike.

almost forgot, in 1999 the cr 500 had 69hp at 8500rpm factory stock, the 1987 id imagine isnt far behind as the motor didnt change a whole lot.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:35 PM
bookboy22

Hey Vertical, sorry for heating things up with a little humor. Water under the bridge, as that guys boat will be with a pump. Just waiting on those clutch parts to come in, and were off boating again. I been flying my new HobbyZone Super Cub off the pond these days, and it's so much fun. You guys should try flying float planes. It's a whole different ball game. One of the guys at the flying club wants to get into boats. He has been looking at the ProBoat 55ss, as he wants a RTR, but I'm trying to convince him that for $1000CAN he could go with the 46" Warehouse Hobbies Super G for same cash. I'm sure for $1000 you could put the most amazing vee togther. Any suggestions for a gas RTR that will do 40mph+?

Check out the Super G

http://whobbies.com/superg.htm

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/pac_ct..._35810,00.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=270

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67312.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	512795  
Old 08-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Vertical3-D

I fly 3-D very well, have alwas wantged to fly floatplanes though, just never bought the GWS floats for one mof my foamies yet, may have to do that sometime soon, also a cub is one of my favorite planes, if those had ailerons I'd own one, but I get bored without 4 channels, unless is a wing, the stryers are great planes also, a new stryker c with floats would be different, maybe tie a water rudder in with the alerons with a y harness to steer some in the water. even if you could turn just one way youd be good to go...yeah enforcers are really nice, I love my crackerbox, the gassers are awesome over nitro if you can afford them, cruise ebay for an rtr gasser thats what I'd suggest, I gave 600 for mine shipped and its a beautiful boat with a liquid cooled SIKK 25cc engine, it does about 40mph now, modded would do 50mph(as soon as I can afford that, about 2-3 bills for that job)
Old 08-24-2006, 09:59 PM
kountryboy

Yeah ive got a link for a 330cc kit for my 250 but there is no telling how much it is. They dont list the price they say to call. That would be a blast on a 250 frme though.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

well i went and changed my cooling... i took the one i had made for the replacement of the stock one off. made an attachement for the cooling to come from the propwash. still have yet to test it. if it dont work then i put the other one on. but this should work great ....[8D] i do have a vid of my runs but cant seem to get them off the vidcam and onto the puter.... any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.