Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Aeromarine Sprint Catamaran >

Aeromarine Sprint Catamaran

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aeromarine Sprint Catamaran

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromarine Sprint Catamaran

What does everyone think of the Aeromarine Sprint Catamaran hull? Also, what does everyone think of OPS engines and how do you tell what size they are? Let me know, I might have one in mind for the future! HOw do they handle rough water? How do they handle period? What speeds is the hull capable of?
Old 04-12-2006, 11:22 PM

Default RE: Aeromarine Sprint Catamaran

could you please post a picture of it?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:49 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I/ve got a 40/80 36" Sprintcat. It handles well. It HAD an OPS .67. The reason I say had is because the last time at the lake the rod shattered and took out the piston and sleeve too. I'm currently deciding if it's worth the $150 to repair or not. Before it died I had it running well enough to be competetive with other club member's gas cats. Handling is excellent. Since I don't know how you define rough water, it's tough to answer the question. If by rough you mean the chop created by other boats during heat racing, it does fine. If you mean the chop created by full size boats on an open lake, most of the R/C cats will struggle.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:35 PM

by rought I mean 2-3 inch, maybe 4 inch wake. NOthing HUGE, but when it gets abit windy, I woudl like to have something I can run besides my tunnel, which I wont be able to run in choppy water. I am looking at buying one for a pretty decent price, i will post pics of it after I get it. It needs a tad bit of work, but nothing I cant handle.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 AM

You CAN run your tunnel in choppy water but who wants an upside down boat. I ran mine in less than perfect conditions yesterday but brought it in quick. Once it started to chine walk and leave the water at WOT thats when it finally clicked that its about that time.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:37 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cat will definitely handle a bit of chop better than a tunnel. Of course the best boat for handling chop is a deep vee, but the cat won't be bad.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:16 AM

deep v's are good also, but just like the style of the cat better, and I think they tend to handle abit better. BUT deep v's seem to be abit more reasonable for price. Also, can anyone give some good places to get big nitro/gas hulls? I cant seem to find many, and lost all my favorites when I had to wipe my computer yesterday. Thanks guys
Old 04-14-2006, 12:38 PM

MHZ USA

Express Craft

Aero Marine

need more?