Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 What manufacturer? >

What manufacturer?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

What manufacturer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 03:06 PM
DaG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What manufacturer?

Hi.
Can anyone tell me who makes these boats? I'm trying to info on them but without knowing the manufacturer I can find very little.
The link below is for a sale that was on Ebay.

Thanks Dave G.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old 04-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Default RE: What manufacturer?

I think that only Radiocontrol2005 carries them. Looks like a nice boat. The only problem is that the company is from china. My dad got a big gaser from them & it took like 5-6 weeks for it to get over here.the shiping cost him alot also. but since you live in the UK i think it will get there faster & cheaper.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
DaG

I've already got the boat it arrived this morning.
I bought it of a guy in the UK, who had bought it from China, but for some reason never used it & sold it on Ebay.
It is brand new & looks great, but there was no user manual with it, & I have little experience with nitro boats
It has a Team-Infinity 18 (3cc) motor, I'm not sure what mix of nitro to use in it.
My other nitro boat has a fuel tank which I just fill up by unscrewing a cap & pouring it in, but this boats tank is burried in the nose & only has a tube coming from it.
The tube has a screw in the end, I suppose I have to remove the screw then fill it through this tube; but how?
Also the turn fins on it are adjustable, is setting these just trial & error?

Dave G.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35064.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	447427  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 PM
My Feedback: (20)

I looked at them before, can buy another boat now though and got into gassers, but I would say itd prolly benefit from a better prop, also to fuel get a hand crank fuel pump, one line in the nitro container, on the other one put a piece of brass tub on, then pull out the screw and insert the tube and fill her up...that should get you going, as for fuel Id go 10-15% in that as its probablly a sport engine and will be happy on that...make sure it has good oil content, O'donnell boat fuel is popular, anything with a high oil content will be good, since boats run in the throttle almost all the time...hope I helped some...just ask if you need anything else...always glad to help...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:48 PM
DaG

It has a 42mm (1"5/8) prop which I think is plastic or nylon, would a bigger prop or a brass one improve performance?
It looks pretty fast in the video on my link, so I'm gonna see how it runs as it is before experimenting with things like props but I'd still like to know how it can be improved.
The two fins on the back can be adjusted by a screw to alter the angle of the fin to the water.
Do you know what I should set these to? I don't know what they are there for.
I have another bat boat which is electric but it has none of these fins on it.
I have a bottle of "Jonker hot pink" 10% that I run my nitro-Viper on, not sure of the oil content in it except it is 80-20 synthetic & castor will this be ok to use in the infinity motor?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:26 PM

A metal prop will do better than the plastic one.

The fins on the back are probably turn fins to keep the boat from hopping or skipping in the turns. They should be at 90 deg. to the hull bottom.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:45 PM

Yeah, for a new prop I'd get a carbon fiber, the make 42mm ones and all other sizes...www.offshoreelctrics has them, they work just as good as a metal one on a sport boat and are stronger than stock by alot...and no those are trim tabs, people that give advice ewithout looking at the boat can be trouble...they are not turn fins, anyway they are there to adjust the ride. make the level with the hull, and start there, if it rides nose high then you can srcrew them down a little bit, if it rides good then let them...that fuel should be fine...a 42mm CF prop from graupner would probablly outperform the stock 42mm actually, but you will have to wait and run it to tell what to do prop wise...
Old 04-19-2006, 02:38 PM

Trouble, eh?

When he said fins, I assumed fins not trim tabs. My bad. ...and I did look at the picture.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:15 PM

yeah, I wasnt trying to put it down or anything, just assumed you read fins without seeing the pic...sorry bout that jdoug
Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 PM

No problem vertical...I would imagine installing trim tabs at 90 deg. to the hull bottom might cause a problem though!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:54 PM
DaG

Oh ****, I hope my lack of knowledge hasn't started an arguement.[X(]
I called them fins, my mistake they are tabs & thanks for the advice from both of yous.
I'll try the boat out this weekend & post up on here how it goes, hopefully like a rocket[8D]

One other thing does team-infinity have a website? I cant seem to find one after search engining the name I drew a blank.