Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

home of the 60mph miss llumar

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

home of the 60mph miss llumar

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 AM
redneckUSCG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: home of the 60mph miss llumar

hey babflyer
yes the crumbgrabber hardware is for 6-8 cells i used rays bracket and super wedge rudder(it comes with the water pickup wedge but it is usless for any thing). yes the rudder bracket just simple turns around all you have to do is flip the rudder over and vola. yes the turn fin is rays carbon turn fin, i have both the hydro and mono turn fin, so far i have had better luck sability wise with the mono turnfin i dont know why. if you use the bracket that come with the kit you have to shim it out , i used two rubber gromets on the outbord screws so i could adjust the angle in relation to the hull. as for the flex cable i used a i think .190 i have to look at my nots back home but it is the same size ase the original flex shaft but has a longer teflon tube. u used a 3/16 strut and drive shaft it bolts right in place on the bracket. i would definatle consider going to the 3/16 shaft one if you are running a .18 u dont use a prop witha 1/8 shaft any more. two i bent many of stock shafts even with the .15 from the boat coming out of the water in the turns and under high power and bending the hell out of the shaft.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
toxic 2U

Wow !!!! You guys should see the rude and nasty E mail I got from our good and trusty friend Mr. redneck. Did any others that found his tail hard to grasp get E mail like that ? If so please report it to Ron Olsen . We don't want or need this type of mickey mouse crap .
Old 05-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Jesus C

60 mph? Its realy hard to belive. My aqua jet has a O.S. .18 & it could bairly do 30-31 with 20% o'donnell. Im not trying to call anyone a lier I think that that is imposible
Old 05-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are several programs out there that will let you measure the doppler shift of a video clip to get speed. It is quite common to do this with pylon planes that are hard to radar. You can find more info in the High Performance section of E-Zone.

Red
Old 05-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Easy now guys.....give Red a break. Just by looking at the boat you can tell his machine is faster than the stock rig. Just think about the drag he lost by getting rid of the wing alone. Is it enough to get it up to 60mph..well no but it takes alot of little things to all come together to make things "click". So maybe it really doesn't do 60mph who care heck if it does 50 mph it's still kicking alot of guys tail on the water. I would love to see a video of it just to see it run not to prove anyone right or wrong. In the end what does it matter anyways, are we not all members of the same club? That club being dudes that like model boats, little models of real boat, little toy boats....come on it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch and calling people liers over something that we all enjoy.

LAter,
Tim
Old 05-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Thompy

Here, here, I'll second that one. Well put.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:57 PM
toxic 2U

I did not say he was a liar. I just said I don't beleave it will do 60. I did not deserve to be called names or receive hatefull E mail .
Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Toxic, if you or anyone else get hateful e-mail or PM's from this site, those should be reported to myself, Piper Chuck any Community Moderator or Administrator.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 AM
toxic 2U

I'm sorry Ron and to the rest of you . It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that someone in the cost gaurd like that is watching out for us. He says he wants respect in one of his posts here . Respect is an earned thing and when you give so shall you recive. Most of you are gentelmen There is no reason to be crude , rude or obseen to express our opinions. thank you to all that think this also . Ok? Have fun guys
Old 05-19-2006, 07:20 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

As Ron said, let one of us know if anyone receives an inappropriate PM. As for this thread, plenty of people have expressed skepticism about the speed. Redneck has given information on how the measurements were done. Continuing to beat on that issue will only cause more hard feelings. It's up to each to decide whether you do or don't accept the results. It's obvious there are some innovations on his boat that would make it faster than the standard production boat.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:32 PM
seawolf31635-1661
My Feedback: (7)

Hi to all you boaters out there I have the miss bud with straight shaft and the llumar with a flexcable in it I have playing around with the strut in the llumar Ive been putting drifferent sizes of smale wedges to tilt strut down .Im running a os18 in them I haven,t cut wings off yet but Im going to later.I got x6372blade and 4403blade from Andy Brown he done some work to them I can not run them flat out wide open in the straightway but on a real slick even with no wind what so ever I can get the llumar running at an angle into circle on the water flat out and I can say one Thing that little yellow thing is moving .I have a small 29 inch aeromarine cat with a thunder tiger .21 running ax442 mod IM runnind 30% fuel in all and and that little llumar is running right in there with them .this old boy here Just might have hit the nail on the Head so to speak . Me and one of my cousins have to monos just a like and mine will runn circles around his it is just the little things that you do to them that makes them run good .Im still running stock rudder on bud &llumar .I,ve putt lead in left sponson on bud i have not cut the llumar yet toput lead or batterie pack in boat is to small to putt a gps in them my wifes two brothers one of them is the sheriff in the next county they said they just got new radar update guns when I get the bugs worked out and teach my wife to work new camcorder we are going to film anything possible .This is big D out And Gone.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:35 PM
seawolf31635-1661
My Feedback: (7)

Hi to all you boaters out there I have the miss bud with straight shaft and the llumar with a flexcable in it I have playing around with the strut in the llumar Ive been putting drifferent sizes of smale wedges to tilt strut down .Im running a os18 in them I haven,t cut wings off yet but Im going to later.I got x6372blade and 4403blade from Andy Brown he done some work to them I can not run them flat out wide open in the straightway but on a real slick even with no wind what so ever I can get the llumar running at an angle into circle on the water flat out and I can say one Thing that little yellow thing is moving .I have a small 29 inch aeromarine cat with a thunder tiger .21 running ax442 mod IM runnind 30% fuel in all and and that little llumar is running right in there with them .this old boy here Just might have hit the nail on the Head so to speak . Me and one of my cousins have to monos just a like and mine will runn circles around his it is just the little things that you do to them that makes them run good .Im still running stock rudder on bud &llumar .I,ve putt lead in left sponson on bud i have not cut the llumar yet toput lead or batterie pack in boat is to small to putt a gps in them my wifes two brothers one of them is the sheriff in the next county they said they just got new radar update guns when I get the bugs worked out and teach my wife to work new camcorder we are going to film anything possible .This is big D out And Gone.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
redneckUSCG

imdone posting here if anone whants more pics and setup info i would be more than happy to help any one out but every on that wants to give sceptacism dont even bother
Old 05-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

redneck,

Listen don't let the people that are talking smack get you down. Just because they can't get their boats to run as well as yours they just assume it can't. By all means don't stop posting here. It's like this, remember the car make "Tucker". Everyone called if a pile of junk. Now look at them they gave us things that we all have on our cars today. It was a car before it's time. Like I said in my other post maybe you found the "sweet spot" in this hull. Let the ones that are crying foul do just that...cry because your boat would kick their butts. It's like this, one of my airplane buddys we'll call him "PT" (Chuck knows who I am talking about) said he had a plane design that would fly over 100mph with a little Cox .049 reeed valve engine. I call Bull Crap on him because the math didn't add up. Given the rpm and pitch of the prop, slippage etc. There was no way it could. Till I saw the darn thing fly. That was when I stuck my foot in my mouth. Sometimes it's not all about the numbers somethings it just plain works without any answers. Rock on brother!!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 05-22-2006, 03:31 PM
redneckUSCG

i got a mini gps thing from the nav Bm's if the water is calm enough in the torth pacific this week im am gona tri to run in the saltwater and take a pic of the GPS screen

PS i am sory for the obsene messages that i sent to u toxic it was a product or two stack fires and a freon leak witch equals a bad day but it will not hapen again.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would really like to see a video of it running in the North Pacific. I will also request more photos of your drive line and the bottom of your hull.

Ryan
Old 05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
redneckUSCG

if i get a chance i will take some pics of the ride pads, the drive line is the same i just put a longer teflon tube to make up the distance of the strut. its the same size flex shaft. my camera will take video but the government computer does will not download it i tried every thing. i will take some and post it when we pull into Duch and my friend can get internet acsess on his laptop

yea it cool there is a couple people that have boats on the boat and when we stop for fish call they lower the small boat and run if the water is calm.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Jerry Dunlap

If you run in salt water - make sure you take everything out of the boat, engine/drive system/rudder and WD the heck out of it as soon as your done.

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 05-23-2006, 03:57 AM
redneckUSCG

yea im reluctant to do it, i have flown flat planes of salt water in the florida keys back in the day and we had all kinds of corotion problems so i think i might just waite till i get to Duch and run in the lake on the other side of town if its not frozen
Old 06-27-2006, 08:37 PM
engine geek

Wow, how did you hit 60 miles per hour?
I have the exact same boat, with an O.S. .18TZ EB fully modified engine.
I'm running a modified X440 2 blade prop. I have already removed the wing. If I prop any larger or any smaller, the speed decreases. I have GPS'd the boat at 43.7 mph. I have played with the prop height until i reached such speeds without blowing over.

I want to know how you are able to hit 60 miles per hour with a lower performance engine. It is very tough to keep this boat on the water at such speeds over 40 mph.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:40 PM
ledzep

Hey Redneck, i am very interested in your work. I myself am a speed freak and i would love to get my little boat up to as fast as humanly possible. well for starters My boat is a home made and I have the same engine as you. But i am so confused on props and the depth it needs to be. well i dont wanna complain but I think what u have done is really cool. Anyway i noticed you were talking about some interesting things that i have never herd of before. you called them built up hull steps. what exactly are those? and what do you mean by port polish on your engine?

Thankyou
Ledzep
Old 07-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Diegoboy

Any news on the GPS run?
Old 07-07-2007, 06:09 PM
gooycheese

This is the first I have seen this post, I would love to see this boat run. Considering the IMPBA Sport 20 speed record was just set about 2 months ago at 60.349mph and thats using a custom designed hull and a Nova Rossi .21 engine, until that time the speeds where under 60mph. Please if you still frequent this site post some vids or pics of the boat in action, at 60mph you will be able to see this boat just barely touch the water.

Thanks Paul
Old 07-07-2007, 07:05 PM
toxic 2U

OH GREAT [&o] It's back. I was hopeing this thread would stay dead. It was a BS flame then and still is. I'm still feeling the sting of that nasty E-mail. I should have saved it and posted here for all to see.[sm=devious.gif]
Old 07-07-2007, 08:03 PM
alloutcustom

vid??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.