Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New boat

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New boat

New to the Forum! Here's the link for the boat i have. Not new. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I rescently picked up a 31" fiberglass Deep vee boat w/ a K&B 7.5 OB engine. I got a new panther #230 prop. Whats the best way to tune these engines? I will be running 25% nitro with a synthetic oil mix. Medium temp glow plug.

I have some new Tower hobby plugs laying around. Will these be okay?

What 3 blade prop would i use for this engine? Spectra prop? What size?

Do many people do exhaust mods on the 7.5 K&B's? Can you hook me up with a link for the mod.

How will this boat handle. It has trim tabs. I use to have a Gas weed eater boat. With the prop/ engine torque would steer hard one way and slow the other. Would also have to counter steer for the torque. How bad will it be with this boat???

Has anyone Mod the engine for Trim? Control with a 3rd servo. Beable to trim it out while running?

Thanks for all your help

Kris
Old 06-24-2006, 05:57 PM

Default RE: New boat

I believe it is a Prather offshore boat

Anyone??
Old 06-24-2006, 07:02 PM

I suspect the hull's a bit small for a 7.5; it's a 3.5 hull. They are decent handling hulls with the smaller engine, if properly set up. If someone rounded the strakes before painting though... it could be scary [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 06-24-2006, 10:53 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I guy that I work with has a 31" Prather with a K&B 7.5 OB on it. He needed a good pound of weight in the nose to keep it down. Yes, it is overpowered.
The Prather 230 prop is a little small, the 235 would work better. For a 3-blade, the Octura X-646/3 or X-450/3 props should work.

I had to look at what else he had up for auction and noticed an Aero-Tech 7.5 OB tunnel in there for a decent price! I had one and am still kicking myself for selling it. The hull alone new now goes for around $280.00 if you can find one.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:18 AM

For a 3-blade, the Octura X-646/3 or X-450/3 props should work. ?? Hmmmm should? 3-blade props are better in calm water right? I'll have to see how the boat sits in the water when i get it before making any changes. See how he had it setup.

How are the OS21 XM outboards?? Does anyone have experience with them? I may buy an extra engine. Curious what to get. Any links would be helpful. I would like one with a tune pipe on it.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:02 PM

^^^^