Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

engine probs ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

engine probs ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Lakeside518

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine probs ?

Well i finally tried running my boat on the lake today. I'm using O'Donnell 50% boat fuel and Tower plugs.

The boat starts and idles fine. I put it in the water and it takes off, goes 50 to 75ft and dies out. Not sure if its starving for fuel because it putters out. Boat engine which is a 7.5 K&B OB, looses RPM and dies.

Would be nice if there was a local club, but no luck. They use to have races around here and seems as tho it went belly up.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Trying not to flood it. Seems as if it only starts with the carb either completely closed or hardly open. What should be my settings? Seems the needle is 3 to 3 1/2 turns out. Elev. 1200-1300ft.

Thanks for any ideas and pointers

Kris
Old 07-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Lakeside518

Default RE: engine probs ?

I leaned it out alittle more.. Seems as though it was running to rich and dying out. Running longer and better now. Still doesn't ramp up to fast. Not reving reving up.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:20 PM
toyotatruckin

keep messing with tuning it, also if you didnt know higher nitro fuel is harder to tune and not as forgiving
Old 07-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Jerry Dunlap

If your boat is quitting after launching, richen the mixture. I run my K&B 7.5 at least 4 turn open If you are using a fuel filter, make sure it is clean.

JD