Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Llumar engine upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Llumar engine upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
jimhargrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Llumar engine upgrade

My Miss Llumar needs a bigger engine. I want to put a .18 or .21 in my boat but the factory motor mount has me stuck. The nuts under the mount are like impossible to reach. I would like a suggestions from someone who has done this. Thanks, Jim H.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Llumar engine upgrade

Jim, welcome to the site. What you might want to do is a search for the Miss Bud's as we have one big thread on them. I really don't recommend installing a .21 as there really isn't much room for one plus you'd have to do too many modifications to the boat. An .18 would be a lot easier to install.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Cristian Aldana

Hi Jim, last weekend run a Miss LLumar owned for my nephew with his new OS.18CV Marine Belt star, it fit perfect without big or complex modification, the result is the boat run very well with less weight and not lost compression like pull start engines, the Llumar show more speed than stock Dynamite.15. Next weekend we`ll continue making a break-in and next step change the prop with Y535 and M435 (octura). I hope more speed.

I'm agree with Mr. Olson and personally think that .21 are a good power option but it so heavy for the hull, and medium windy or choppy water conditions made trouble for a Miss LLumar with .21 engine. The LLumar is small and is affected by the small waves easy.

The Dynamite don't say clear how many HP have .15 engine (+-0.6hp) but OS. say very clear tht OS18 Have 1.3 HP like OS21 XM outboard engine that won tunnel races.

you can see a picture for this in:

http://putfile.com/cristian_aldana/images

Good Lucks

Old 07-13-2006, 12:33 AM
jimhargrove

Thanks for your help. Miss Llumar is a little short of working space but I have an .18 that I would like to try. I'm still back to the question of removing the .15. I can't reach the nuts that hold the engine mounting bolts. They are turning on me and I need to find a way to grab the nuts.

Jim H.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:09 AM
t_hedlund
My Feedback: (1)

?? Which nuts are you talking about, my miss Elam( convert bud boat) has 4 screws that bolt the motor mount to the hull this is thread , no nut. and the the motor bolts to the motor mount without bolts.

When i upgrade my Miss Vegas to a .21 I'm going to hand down the .18 to the Miss Elam so i will also be converting my, I'm also thinking about trying to use all the miss Vegas hardware on my Elam. Not sure i want to put that much work into it.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 AM
330T

dont remove the motor from the motor mount. Remove the motor mount from the boat. There are 4 8mm nuts (i think its 8mm) that your must remove and it will lift out.