Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Got my miss vegas on the pond today w/more ?'s

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Got my miss vegas on the pond today w/more ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 08:27 PM
supermotoxaustin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my miss vegas on the pond today w/more ?'s

I went to the pond today to run my miss vegas and it stalled a lot but i think this was because it was flooded but when i got it running good and i put it in the water and drove it around a bit slowly then i started to speed up and it slowed down with the engine still sounding the same then it took on a lot of water, and i dont know whats wrong but i was able to drive it back to shore. i put silicone around the area where the exhaust extension comes out and into the water because there was a small gap but that is still drying. does anyone know what was going on? ,thank you
Old 07-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Russ Williamson

Default RE: Got my miss vegas on the pond today w/more ?'s

I would imagine you got water in the hull because the boat was not up on plane. About the only time I get water in the hull is when I bring it in to shore and slow down, or when running in rough water, which the Vegas loves to do

Would suggest to do the following;
1. Carefully turn your high speed needle valve all the way in. (clockwise, but do not tighten it down, just turn until it stops.
2. Unscrew the high speed 3 turns out. I have no idea how cool or hot it might be were you are at, but 3 turn is safe and it should be rich.
3. Run the boat ON the water. It will probably be rich.
4. Bring it in, drain the water. Lean it out a few clicks.
5. Run the boat ON the water, bring it in and lean (clockwise) the needle a few clicks.
6. Keep doing this a little at a time until the engine is making power.

You will see the boat continue to gain speed as you do this. But if you lean it too much, it will just start to slow down.

During this process as with all nitro boats, check to be sure everything is staying secure. After you do this process, the engine will be broke in well and will start easier. You will also notice less water in the hull. (Most all nitro boats get some water in the hull, this is normal.)

FWIW; Most of the time I forget to re-insert the transom plug. Barely have any water in the hull when this happens Some are drilling holes on the port side of the transom as low as they can get them. This allows any water that does enter the hull to self-drain while running your boat.

Have fun!

Russ
ORIGINAL: supermotoxaustin

I went to the pond today to run my miss vegas and it stalled a lot but i think this was because it was flooded but when i got it running good and i put it in the water and drove it around a bit slowly then i started to speed up and it slowed down with the engine still sounding the same then it took on a lot of water, and i dont know whats wrong but i was able to drive it back to shore. i put silicone around the area where the exhaust extension comes out and into the water because there was a small gap but that is still drying. does anyone know what was going on? also i was wondering what the rod in the tools package is for and what the bag with the number and ribbin and plastic thing is? ,thank you
Old 07-31-2006, 11:48 AM
supermotoxaustin

Default RE: Got my miss vegas on the pond today w/more ?'s

thanks