Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

radio question

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

radio question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
supermotoxaustin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio question

I have the miss Vegas and the radio it came with and i was wondering if I could buy more servos for it and use those on a different boat but still use the original radio?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: radio question

You can but here's the situation. Buying another reciever (RX), switch harness, servos and RX battery box plus a RX crystal will cost the the same if not more than a whole new comparable radio system.
When you change boats you'd have to reset all of your trims to the other boat then back again. This is why I have one complete radio system for each boat, that and I then have to remember which transmitter goes to each one.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:39 PM
LtDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

supermotoxaustin,
Simple answer is, yes. As long as you remember to swap receivers between boats. Ron's right, you'll probably have to change trim settings. Or, set both boats up so that you don't have to (sometines it's much easier to change trim settings - lol). This all presupposes that the radio with the original boat is a typical 'standard' type R/C radio. The proprietary ones are usually not swappable between boats etc, or at least a real P.I.T.A. to do.
- 'Doc
Old 08-05-2006, 07:00 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just pick up a Futaba 3PM. They are well worth the money, tons of features useable with any RC surface vehicle. I swap between cars, buggies and boats without the need to reset any trim functions, steering rates, ATL's, exponentials, servo reverse, ect.

This is why companies need to sell kits along with their RTR's.

Ryan