Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel

Another question that the WWW has yet to answer for me. Does the CEN .18 Marine come with a flywheel? I do not believe it does and am on the market to purchase one. Any recommendations? Would a .15 sized flywheel work?

Regards
Jefe
Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Flywheel

Most engines in that size do not. It should be threaded for 5mm. CEN Racing should have one or you can use one from a ProBoat Miss Bud and its variants, the Miss Vegas or one from OS just to name a few. You'll want one basically made for .12-.18 engines.
If you're going to use a hand-held electric starter, I really wouldn't recommend the one from ProBoat as it has a square groove instead of the much better "V" groove from the others.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 PM

I can tell you the dynamite .15 flywheel will fit a .18 aquacraft or OS .18 from that I would guess that it would work for you, but i'm not 100% sure
Old 08-22-2006, 11:41 PM

hay hay now ron the pro boat flywheel can be made to work with a belt.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:47 PM

Yes they will. I bought one and modified it to fit in one of my 'riggers. It was a room issue, nothing else. I do have some narrow belts that I picked up used at a sewing machine repair shop that worked nicely.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:01 AM

Good idea about the sewing machine belt. Ill have to keep that in mind for future projects!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 AM

I went to a Viking dealership here in town and the repairperson kept used belts in a box back in his room, most were from trade-ins or repairs and just worn on the sides. I got a handful of them cheap, less than one new belt. Take the boat along and show them what you're going to use it for. If it's a man that does the repairs, he might get a kick out of what you're going to use them for and make you a sweet deal.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing that isn't detailed very well in any of the OS engine manuals is how you install the flywheel. As far as I can tell you slide the collet on the crankshaft and then the flywheel over the collet. That's pretty much where the manual ends the installation procedure.

Steve
Old 08-23-2006, 10:44 AM

What you have to watch for is how each manufacturer sets theirs up. Some will use a simple washer, others will have a tapered collar or a spacer or nothing at all. This is where you have to pick the right one otherwise it can hit the carb or be a sloppy fit. It's best to use one made specifically made for your engine when possible.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:50 PM

You can ask here on there forums & they will tell you www.offshoreelectrics.com I asked once but I dont remember what he said