Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Found web with pics of that Chinese Miss bud .21!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Found web with pics of that Chinese Miss bud .21!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 10:46 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Chinese as done it!!There making Miss Bud with a.21 from factory!!

Sky, good luck with not buying chinese. damn near impossible nowadays.

Mine is fine, just has a stress crack in the back of the hull under one of the wing supports. probably from me carrying it though, LOL
Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Default RE: The Chinese as done it!!There making Miss Bud with a.21 from factory!!

ORIGINAL: skymortar

just dont buy chinese.if not for the moral issue the quality issue
Like it or not, almost all(maybe even all) RTR model boats are made in China these days. ProBoat from Horizon and AquaCraft from HOBBICO are made in China. I think the important thing is to deal with companies with established names in the hobby.

JD
Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 PM
misshydro

Thats right There all Made in China,So what in the heck is the differents?The name,Your paying for the stuped name.It's like buying Snap-on-tools and Craftmans tools.Both are life time warranties on there tool put your paying for the name! Thunderbird junkie,What motor does yours have?The cracks that your boat has is the tipcal cracks that proboat has.This and other one has motor up grades muffler up grades and mount bracket.Has adjustable rudder mount quick clip on the cowl cover.The only change that they didnt do is the drive system.Still using the strait shaft ones. [>:]
Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're buying a RTR boat from just about any of the manufacturers, more than likely it came from somewhere in Asia if not China. Quality control is what makes the difference between the good and bad ones.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:22 AM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

thats sucker should fly!!!! it weights at 4.5 KG and it has a 26CC engine!!!! wow!~!!~~!@~!~!~[:-]

im guess they dont follow falts avetizing there either
Old 10-05-2006, 12:24 AM
littlepiston

i guess the glow driver is just a "GIFT" for buying the darm thing
Old 10-05-2006, 12:28 AM
misshydro

No it's a type o,But they do offer it in 1/8 with a 26cc engine in it.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:38 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Thats right There all Made in China,So what in the heck is the differents?The name,Your paying for the stuped name
Without getting too political, if you've ever been to some of the markets in China, you'd have a better idea of the difference. They think nothing of copying someone else's design and name, but making the products with significantly lower quality. On the surface it might look the same, but inside, it's not. Unsuspecting consumers buy this knock off junk and then don't understand why it falls apart a month later.

Buying from a company that's based in the US, and in the hobby industry, at least insures that they are insisting on some level of quality control. It also ensures that you have some recourse if the product turns out to be junk. How much might be a matter for debate, but it's certainly more than a nameless person in China who has figured out how to sell knock off products via eBay.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:24 AM
misshydro

It might be a US based company but their still made in china.Proboat got nothing to blame but them selfs on this.If this is the same company that was subcontracted to build them for proboat,it would have the same quality and flaws that was in the proboats ones.So please dont give me the bs about quality control because 3/4 of the proboat that are out their shouldve flunk the quality test!!!Ive read post here and on ebay that cant get the boat to run wright or to run at all,plus cracks at the wings area and rear trans/rudder area, thin servios box.crapy motor mounts and the lists goes on!!I should know this because I have one.The hull is piss poor quality.It shouldve been made with better materials.[:@]The .15 in my opion is a joke,proboat dont even have the hp specks on this motor.I'd should know I'd talk to a tech at proboat.Even he'd said that this boat shouldve had a better motor in the hydro.[>:]
Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Believe It
Banned

i guess all RTR boats should just come with MAC .67's
Old 10-05-2006, 06:15 PM
misshydro

I would love to see that! How would you fit that moster in that small boat.Plus it would be to heavy for it any way.[>:]
Old 10-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Believe It
Banned

I would love to see that! How would you fit that moster in that small boat.Plus it would be to heavy for it any way.[>:]
you may love to see it, but i garuntee you wouldnt love the price tag it would come with.

remember, cost efficient is the name of the game... maaaaaaybe thats why they only go with .15's and .18's [sm=idea.gif]
Old 10-05-2006, 07:27 PM
misshydro

No it's the weight factor not the cost factor..Plus the hull wouldnt handel it eather.21-.32 is the max to put in the 1/12 scale proboats hydros.Putting anything bigger then a .32 is stuped and a waste of a motor.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:31 PM
piper_chuck

No it's the weight factor not the cost factor..Plus the hull wouldnt handel it eather.21-.32 is the max to put in the 1/12 scale proboats hydros.Putting anything bigger then a .32 is stuped and a waste of a motor.
I think the "cost efficient" comment was in reference to why they use .15 or .18s rather than a .21.

As far as costs, I'm looking for a CMB or MAC .80 for my latest boat. The engine alone is going to end up costing more than the Vegas. [X(]
Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 PM
misshydro

I know that some of us would pay alittle extra for a .21 1/12 hydro boat.The Chinese is 30 dollars more thats includes the shipping.If your a boat company that makes boats and you have compantion thats maken the same boat for a lower price ,you match their price and oppsions too if you want to stay in business plus most are lising to their customers what they want .It's like Ford Chevy and dodge toyota honda.Their in the comp to sell cars and trucks.Dodge was the first truck that has the big grill.And now eveybody is copieing it now.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:43 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Thats right There all Made in China,So what in the heck is the differents?The name,Your paying for the stuped name.It's like buying Snap-on-tools and Craftmans tools. Both are life time warranties on there tool put your paying for the name!
Yeah but ProBoat/Horizon and Great Planes/Aquacraft are more like Snap-On and Mac...I've never seen a guy that sells Craftsman tools visit your house in the middle of the night because you broke a ratchet trying to remove a rusty U-bolt from a Ford 9" The difference isn't so much in the product...it's in the service.

Thunderbird junkie,What motor does yours have?The cracks that your boat has is the tipcal cracks that proboat has
VX18, and I figured the hull itself was more or less identicall to the Miss Bud/Miss Llumar, to me they look identical, so that the Proboat hydros do the same thing doesn't surprise me in the least.

Besides...on the accessory front...who leaves their junk stock, LOL. I still haven't broken that crappy prop (yeah, that same clear plastic thing) since I don't run my boat as often as I run my cars (or mouth, ask Ron about that) it's still...intact:P
Old 10-05-2006, 10:40 PM
misshydro

I want to put the novarossie sts .28 marine motor in my boat.It's nasty!! Pulls 3.5 hp and top end at 40.000 rpms.This motor still ran at 400 degrees!!But one prob it has a sg style crank.I would like to know,Does any one know where to find a cupler for a sg style crank?!The guys Who's sell them,that it doesnt matter what small block that I'd put in my boat,That this motor in another boat who smoke/kick my boat as[:'(]!!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:46 AM
misshydro

Ok Ron,rember that proboat fuel are held by rubber band too and has the same prop too!Plus I think the 26cc is a type O/mistake.[>:]As for being suckerssss Theirs alot of proboat ones!If proboat was so good then why am I seing abunch of them used up on ebay?!I've read post from there and on ebay that some are haveing problems get it to run right or run at all.
ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: Believe It

wow gotta love that strut setup!

why are they advertising the motor as this:

ENGINE GAS POWER 26CC
I see that I'm not the only one that noticed that! Buy one, send it back and ask where the 26cc gas engine is at!
Did you see that snazzy prop? The cheap rubber band holding the fuel tank in?
Now we'll sit back and wait for some sucker, ......errrrr, buyer to start asking questions about it when they get one. Is this going to be the hydro version of the Dolphin/Stingray?
Old 10-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Believe It
Banned

Plus I think the 26cc is a type O/mistake.[>:]
how do you typo GAS 26cc? Unless they mean that its 2.6cc, which in fact would make it to where its still not a .21 !

As for being suckerssss Theirs alot of proboat ones!If proboat was so good then why am I seing abunch of them used up on ebay?!I've read post from there and on ebay that some are haveing problems get it to run right or run at all.
ive seen quite a few of the Vegas' on ebay too... i guess they must be junk too?

Hell, i see Dragcats w/ QD motors, twin Zen motor boats, etc. on ebay... i guess if its forsale used on ebay it must not be too good eh?

btw... because a person cant get something to run right "or at all" doesnt mean diddly. I bought a used Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec PRO (just for the chassis) that the guy said he could never get to start. I pulled the motor out, cleaned it, reset the needles..and the motor started 2nd pull everytime.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:04 PM
misshydro

There new Vegas!Dah!Very rearly you see a used Miss Vegas on ebay,That's tell you somthing.All I'm saying that Dont knock on the Chinese version unless you or somebody else has one.There's one guy that reply on the second page Thunderbird Junkie who's has one and it hasnt given him any problems yet.It has a VX.18 and it's fast too.Plus he stills has the factory plastic prop still on it and it hasnt broken at all.When Ron said about a rubber band that holds the fuel tank in and a plastic prop.Proboats has a rubber band that holds the fuel tank and has a plastic prop too!!Theres some people that are tired of rowing there boat out to get their rc boat that died in the middle of the pond.I'm lucky that the pond the I'd used is small=dont has that far to get my boat.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:28 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the plastic prop is probably on its last leg though...it's beat to hell and still hasn't really hit anything, LOL.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:27 PM
1outlaw

If your rowin for it... its not tuned right...Work on that...As far as Vegas's on e-bay theres one on there used and its just a tad over a $100.00.......Its rare we have to retrieve our Vegas's....All of breakin on the new one today it only had to be retrieved once and ran a top speed on the gps at 32 with no needle adjustments to bring it out of breakin.........Thats at 2.5 turn out on the needle and 7 tank fulls

Dont take it to heart...Get a Vegas or better and drop the Miss Bud....Believe me youll be further ahead in the end with less aggravation...
Old 10-07-2006, 10:02 PM
misshydro

The problem is I dont like the looks of the vegas.I like the Bud style looks Or the insane hydros too.I'd took my boat out today she ran good for 5min bought her back in and tryed her again.She wont go full throtel.She bogs/dies out.I think I'm having fuel starvation prob.I'd started having prob when I got this sullavan tank.This happend with both motors .15 and the .21.I'd took my .21 out because I'd broke my pull starter and put my .15 back in it for now.It better then not having any run time.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:18 PM
1outlaw

Sacrifices we have to make.....I guarantee you we are already into the 40's with our boat where your fighting to get into our breakin speeds.....We have Buds' and LLUMARS here and we run circles around them.....You can get upset about the manufacturer or country that made the boat all you want....If you want a go fast RTR Hydro Nitro better get the Vegas or follow one......Beyond that due as my family will do buy and build a better hydro since we enjoy the hobby together....[8D]
Old 10-07-2006, 10:42 PM
misshydro

The reason Why I'd posted this in the first place,That the Chinese Made a 1/12 hydro with a .21 in it.And Why dont proboat dont put the .18 or .21 in there boat now.If this is the same company that was subcontracted by proboat Then proboat should have no problem in putting .18 or .21 in there boats.But I'll tell you what You think Your vegas is fast?!I hope that some of the guys by the .18 Chinese version of the Miss Bud and race then against the vegas and we'll see who's fast.The vegas is 30"long with a .18 and the Chinese Miss Bud is 27"long with a .18 in it.Theres size and weight differeces.I my option The Chinese Miss Bud would have the advantage.I'd talk to Ron Olson if I'd bought That Boat, Will I be able to race in the same class as the Miss Vegas.He said yes.Because The Chinese Miss Bud .18 is a factory built boat and it legal to race it![>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.