Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Would it work?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Would it work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 02:57 PM
rickyx2racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would it work?

Hey guys, I am going to buy the SW36 sometime next week. But now I'm concern about it being to loud, the last thing I need is homeowners complaining. So I was thinking about this crazy idea. I was thinking of putting an exhaust deflector on the exhaust tip that comes out of the back of the SW36, down underwater so that the exhaust flows underwater and out in the form of bubbles. It sounds like it might work to reduce the noise a little? What do you guys think of this creative but crazy idea? I'm a beginner, just to let you guys know. If this doesn't look like a good idea, is there any type of silencer I can buy for it? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38695.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	536599  
Old 10-07-2006, 08:53 PM
dirtysouth31

Default RE: Would it work?

just sometging that happened to me.lost a screw one day on the vegas boat.i found it behind the wet exhaust tubing.i pulled out tubing from back of boat and got screw out .forgot to put back tubing out back of boat.it was pressed against back of boat.boat ran like crap.put it back in place and it was fine.so i dont think it would work doing that.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Believe It
Banned

youd probably be better off just buying a muffled pipe, or a good silencer (i have the prather one and i can tell ya it didnt quiet my boat down much). You may be able to quiet it down a bit if you just have that piece pointed down toward the rooster tail.

But if you have stuck up neighbors, you'll probably never get it quiet enough to please them.

www.cooperpipes.com i believe sells a good muffler though.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:44 PM
wave waker

engine will stall coz it's just like plugging the exhaust,,most silencer i saw didn't really make it quite but some of the built from scratch makes a difference...if u like making one try this, u need a TUBE which inner diameter is bigger than the outer diameter of the sw36 tune pipe tip, a SCOTCH BRITE(the green color) u know what i mean?, a SHAVING CREAM CAN( the travel size)...make a hole(ur tubing size) in both ends of the can,, insert the scotch brite inside the can, make a holes in the tubing, insert the tube into the can, tubing must protrude on both ends, it's up to u to make a way how the tube will keep attach to the can, u may use coupling to attach the silencer to the tune pipe,,my 2 cents.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:14 AM
rickyx2racer

Thanks guys I was thinking and yes it doesn't matter what I do to try to make it quieter, neighbors will still complaint, so I think I'm gonna go with an electric boat for now. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:27 AM
pedaladdictions

i made one for mine , i dont use it much due to no homes close by where i now launch from, but i took a piece of 9/32 hobbie aluminum tube cut it to 4 1/2 inches an used a small drill n drilled rows of holes along its length (5 rows) than used a small all n angled all the holes the same direction, i slide this into end of muffler ,, holes angled towards muffler exit , drilled hole all way throu muffler exit flange n tube i made useing a quick clip off my rc car body to hold into place , very easy to remove n install.takes the hi rasp outta the sound .cost 1.50 to make
Old 10-10-2006, 02:03 PM
rickyx2racer

thanks, thats pretty cool. But I'm just going to buy an electric boat for now.