Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Dynamite .15 needle settings!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dynamite .15 needle settings!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 02:04 AM
gofast53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite .15 needle settings!

Can anyone help with factory settings for a Dynamite .15? As manual says 2 1/2 for HSN and 7 for LSN. This can't be correct for LSN, as if try unscrewing anymore than 5 - 6 turns needle pops out of threaded housing!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:04 AM
wave waker

Default RE: Dynamite .15 needle settings!

ORIGINAL: CARIMALI

Can anyone help with factory settings for a Dynamite .15? As manual says 2 1/2 for HSN and 7 for LSN. This can't be correct for LSN, as if try unscrewing anymore than 5 - 6 turns needle pops out of threaded housing!
i don't have dynamite .15 but i have dynamite .32, probably quite similar setting, 7 turns for LSN is too way out, try to start with 1-2 turns...my experience with dynamite motors if LSN set reach flooding will occur, Common problem of TC31 factory set it in 3.5-4 turns and motor run in 1-2 turns only.my 2 cents.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:59 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would suggest the lsn be even with the collar around it, this seems to be true for most nitro engines as a starting point.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:48 PM
misshydro

It's 2 1/2 to three turn out on your HSN screw.Go too the MIss Bud thread that is on it too.Go to page 4 and you'll see the Miss Bud thread it eight pages long on stuff like that and other upgrade and mod to get your boat to perform better.GO check it out!!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:16 PM
unclecrash

This is what I have seen on a lot of motors. Flush with the throttle lever.Then turned in 1/2 turn this is the base setting on OS to regain neutral setting. Dave
Old 11-29-2006, 09:42 PM
gofast53

Thanks Dave, after alot of frustration finally got it tuned to where I want it. Worked out to be 2 1/2 turns out on HSN and 1 /3/4 out on LSN (which was roughly 1/4 turn in from flush position on LSN....so you were spot on!)
Old 11-29-2006, 10:02 PM
unclecrash

I was havin trouble for a bit with my .18 didnt know there was a broken motor mount everytime I would try to launch it would die I though it was lean, then maybe rich so I started playin with the LSN no help then I relized the motor was bouncing around and causing it to close the throttle all the way so took it home and fixed the mount reset LSN to neutral and she ran fine the next day.