Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

traxxas vee ???????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

traxxas vee ???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
dan1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas vee ???????

could anyone please tell me how fast a standard vee goes. thanks [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-20-2007, 06:37 PM
BB Modss

Default RE: traxxas vee ???????

Not fast enough Welcome to the forums, as for your boat..i cant be sure but there is a thread here, quite a few in fact that have speed info in them. Hit that magical "Search" button on the top.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:23 PM
gooycheese

A friend of mine has a nitro vee and I would guess it goes around 20mph, that is a guess though. Also if it is trimmed correctly it might go faster.

Paul

Do you have this boat or are you going to get one? Nothing against the boat but I personally dont like plastic and nitro fuel as a boat. My friend might be giving his nitro vee and if so I will immediately take everything out of the hull and make a new hull out of wood. If you are thinking of buying a RTR boat i would recommend looking at a fiberglass hull, they are much stronger and I would guess just a all around better hull. These are just my opinions and I am no pro just been around alot of RTR Boats, Hope what you get or got works out Great for You !!!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 AM
dan1985

yeah thanks for the advice but im just getting into rc boats and im not to confident on tinkering with them so i would not fancy my chances of building a new hull or taking the engine out could you recomend any sites that could help me understand rc boats and how they work as i would like to read up on my new found hobby thanks[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-21-2007, 05:49 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome,the best thing about the vee is the return to shore system, the nv was my first boat and has given me great insight into this hobby,the vee also has the potential for a relatively fast and stable platform with some simple mods,check out the nitro vee thread, and if you hunt around on e-bay you can pick one up relatively cheap......good luck....
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

The Vee is a nice little boat and I will confirm that the best feature is the return to shore system. If you check on Traxxas site you will find a forum there as well. The stock set up at best you will get 23 mph. You will find that with hours of tinkering and a few bucks you might be able to get close to 30 mph. If you are loooking for entry level into this fun hobby, the Vee is a great place to start. if you are looking for speed and something tht will get your adrenalin going then you might look for something else
Old 01-21-2007, 09:27 AM
dan1985

yes
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
dan1985

yes im after a entry level boat im new to this and dont want to jump in at the deep end [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-21-2007, 10:10 AM
dan1985

what would you reccomend doing to the vee that would make it faster but be low in cost.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 AM
mopartybob

first,there are basic mods needed to improve reliability and longevity,such as larger water cooling lines,spin fins for better cornering ability(lessen's the chances of a hair raising spin-out),trim tabs to adjust running attitude,and for performance mods a new balanced and sharpened prop,(i ran a octura 440\3 blade in the stock vee with overall great performance), and a tuned exhaust pipe for better engine performance, about 60-70$ american will get you a good runnin,reliable vee.......[:-]
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
dan1985

could you also tell me does the remote that comes with the vee have changeable crystals[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
mopartybob

yes it does,on the surface band 27mhz,you can change from #1-6,in other words,you n 5 others can run on the same frequency, the nitro vee is a great entry level boat,check-out the nitro vee thread in this forum 34 pages of great info and some BS to boot........[8D]
Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
dan1985

could i change these to 40 mhz and what would it involve[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
mopartybob

If your looking to upgrade,the way to go is with a spectrum.... uses a higher freq.almost the same as cell phones,when it powers up it locks onto 2 channels in the bandwidth (in case one should fail) and has a built in failsafe, if you look on e-bay you can pick one up cheap , i paid 150.00 for mine and converting all i have over to it,if you have a high end txmitter that require's a module then you can just purchase the module and swap it out and whatever how many reciever's you'll need for the fleet.....[:-]
Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
dan1985

i would like to do this a bit cheeper than that as im low on funds after buying the boat is there something a bit less costley[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-25-2007, 01:55 PM
mopartybob

the least costly would be to KEEP what you got,and use the xtra money for the needed boat mods,then engine mods. I know this game\hobby isn't cheap thats why i try to buy good stuff at first,keeps your confidence level high in knowing that your not using sub-standard\cheap, just to get by parts,also keeps your service\field box uncluttered..........[:-]