Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Kelly Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!

Smooth or Chunky
Old 02-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Kelly Miller

because if you were gonna say chunky let me tell you why smooth is ..................LOL
Old 02-01-2007, 05:02 PM
dirtysouth31

just had to break up the tension
Old 02-01-2007, 05:09 PM
cmiller73

And finally, you might not know this, but there are 3 IMPBA clubs within a 2 hour drive of the place you list as home. Also, your district gas director lives with an hour of you. They would probably love to hear that you're starting a new club. Give them a shout, they might be willing to give you some help setting up your club, advice on getting started, attend your races, etc.
I have gotten in touch with 2 of them. Even though there are others around, I would still like to start one and get our locals a place to run. This would also creat a club vs. club racing setup. There is only 1 RTR one of the clubs but I think its 1/8 hydro. Their next race is next week. I may try to go and talk and see how many are actually there. You never know I may go and race. In any class, just to race.
There is also going to be another 2 races put on by the same club. I hope by then I can commit atleast 6 RTR hydros from my area alone.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
gooycheese

Well my 2 cents, I plan on joining one organization. I truly hope by the time the end of the season approaches I will have been able to race a A class rigger , I also hope I will be able to race my RTR proboats .32 against some fair competition. I wont join 2-3 different organizations to race a different boat at each on other sides of the state (sorta sounds a little crazy). I just wanna have fun with my boats and hope to be able to race and have fun, I don't say I have the best boats around but I would like to see how they stand up against someone who has something similar. My friends and I race shockwaves, lumars, thundercats, nitro vee's, villian x's and sv27s together for fun and this summer i plan on having a couple .12 riggers and maybe even a .12 wildthing (all the .12 boats would be race ready type boats for there size but nobody from what i understand recognizes them( That should be a priority for the organizations in my opinion to recognize class they already have before making more!)) Don't get me wrong I really like boats.............. its funny a year ago today I really wouldn't have thought twice about RC boats but today i have over a $1000 invested in all the different stuff for boating in closing I really dont care what happens with this new organization I just hope "the old school racers will let the new school racers race what they got , fairly" like i read before people seamed to look down on the RTR class and i can see that ( but if you force a person to put a 6.5lb thundercat in a race with a .45 rigger then when the rigger slams into the rear of the thundercat passing him and both boats get trashed I will be glad my boat was only $350) Please whoever has the ability to make the classes, let the the classes that already exists race an d make the others real competitive (non of the stock RTR boats are really that fast) .................... Sorry I am rambling again

Paul

remember everyone , a .12 could actually place in a .45 race because alot of boats never finish ( I am gonna guess from the race i saw 3-4 out of 6 finish on average)

p.s. at first in thought TL was alright but since then things have changed and i really wouldnt want to take part in there events, sorry.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Well now, that was the kind of response I was expecting. I feel my first question was answered when a second Team TL threw in their two cents, as the "group" had at least TWO TL distributors. I asked to be proven wrong, but was proven to be on the right track, which to me is a real shame.

As for the garbage hydros from Pro Boat, I've seen hundreds of posts(in multiple forums) about deck edge seams cracking, vertical stabilizers breaking at the base, sloppy fits between the shaft and stuffing box on the solid shaft versions and the notorious radio boxes that collect water rather than keep it out. Too bad they are also 2" too short to be 1/12 scale as well. Enough said on that

I didn't say anything about the Vegas except I don't want one(no offence to JD)

As for MY BOATS, I'm not worried about running them as I have a membership in a large 1/8th scale club already, but was fishing to see what kind of reaction I would get. I got what I expected, a sarcastic "don't call us we'll call you when we're ready", but not put in so many words.

I like the line "We'll adapt to future products", but what about all the other present day products that are specifically listed in Grim's and Ron's posts? Looks to me like an exclusive group of boats is all that had been planned for and now there is some serious back peddling to save face. Can we say "Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh"?

I hope I'm not the only one that see's what is happenning here. Since IMPBA and NAMBA didn't move fast enough(and rightly so), the TL guys decided to fill the "perseved" void.
Again, I challenge the Twisted Liquid guys to prove me wrong, without resorting to the sarcasticly defensive non-answers so prominent last time
Old 02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
cmiller73

You know you might be right. I can't wait till I make my first million off this. LOL
Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 AM
zubee1

Only question I have concerning the new organization what are the dues going to provide to the members besides a set of RTR rules and classes? What type of insurance will the new organization have for the members and host clubs and lake site owners? Before you send in your dues you need to have these questions answered.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 AM
RedBullVegas

Mr. Zuber,

Thank you for replying to this post, I feel honored that the president of IMPBA would oblige us with his presence. Although I wonder where you have been since rules for RTR boats were being discussed?

As for your questioning of Insurance, RCPBA carries the same insurance that IMPBA carries General Liability and Personal Property Insurance for each member and GL and PPI for each property.

I appreciate your concern for our well being.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
toyotatruckin

Looks like everyone has pushed aside the True reason for a RTR class and turned it into a way to market proboat/aquacraft and TLR which I have no problem with any one of the 3 companies above but seperating the 3 into their own class above all else there are more RTR's than the new guy thinks there are out there but you need deeper pockets to own one..Here Im gonna repost this here just to make sure the RTR guys dont leave anyone out of the mix
Ok here is one for you,
---RTR Gas---
Proboat and aquacraft arnt the only guys tossing out rtr's in the gas end of things, Insane, bonzi sports, aeromarine, etc. all make RTR boats, all will dominate the proboat/aquacraft hulls no mater the mods you dump into one of them...But you cant count them out of the RTR class due to them being sold as RTR being from an rc manufacturer..

Example Guy "A" brings his 2400$ insane RTR hydro joins the IMPBA(or other) for the first time just to race His new RTR,he doesnt want to run in the gas hydro class due to being new to racing ...What happnes you gonna tell him he cant run his RTR in the RTR class just because everyone knows he will smoke the Aquacraft/proboats? you gonna force or push him into running in gas hydro which he doesnt have the experiance or know how to run in.......That would be a great way to kill the sport for the new guy which is what the rtr class is really for, not made to market aquacraft or proboat which I have seen this turning into..............Or let him run his hydro with the Aquacraft/proboats and have them throw a fit about letting him run as they know they wont have a chance unless he has a wreck or dies. You gonna tell the other guys their boats they sell arnt RTR when they are??? And if you dont let them run thats just Saying the IMPBA, all clubs ETC. are salesmen for the two above said companies and dont support the US builders!!

Truly you cant tell him no just because he has money and bought a better RTR than the rest, All have seem to have pushed aside the FACT the RTR class was started and ment to be a way for the new racer or new guy to be able to join in an get his feet wet in the hobby..
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
RedBullVegas

TT, Yes, we want the knowledgable Gas guys writing the gas classes for RTR. Living here in Indy, I have a unique opportunity to get with some of the guys in the Gas Business.

That is another step. We know we are on a long path. But to answer your question, a gas 44" hydro will not run against a 27" Nitro unless on Sunday afternoon at the end of all the races.....someone wants to find out who is the baddest of the bad. If you want to toss your 2000 dollar gasser in with 10 other boats and see who makes it to the finish line, great...if there is time why not try it?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM
toyotatruckin

ran right around that one........
Old 02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
toyotatruckin

also when did the proboat miss---- "gas" hydro turn into a 27" nitro
Old 02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I see where they have broken up the classes so that a Nitro Hammer won't run against a Warehouse Hobbies gasser so no worries there.
There are some snags yet in the rules which must be ironed out before a boat ever hits the water at a race otherwise I see a lot of arguing going on.
Anyone that can pull that off has my respect as I wouldn't touch trying to make rules that would make everyone happy with a 10 foot pole!
What constitutes a RTR boat can also be a sticking point. Let's say that I sold one of my boats and advertised it as being RTR, only needing fuel to fire it up. The buyer could say that the boat was advertised as being a RTR boat so why couldn't he run it in the RTR class? Yes, it does sound a little far-fetched but it could happen.
There are boats from .10 sized on up to big gassers that are RTR. the way that it loks to me, you'd have to join the IMPBA or NAMBA, then join the RCPBA, then pay an entrance fee to race, a lot of money to dish out.
Cash pay-out is illegal according to NAMBA and IMPBA rules so technically you can't do that as they want to keep it an amateur sport/hobby.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
toyotatruckin

still I never brought nitro into anything...so why couldnt a WWH enforcer RTR run aganst a proboat shockwave.....Tony has been selling RTR enforcers before the shockwave was even on paper just like a RTR insane hydro against a mis bud hydro??? if they cant run your just saying piss on anything that isnt made overseas or that isnt proboat/aquacraft
Old 02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
toyotatruckin

sorry double post
Old 02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
RedBullVegas

TT,

I misunderstood you, viewing the Bid and the Insane as RTR yes, the Insane would run against the Proboat Miss Bud Gas Hydro. But those classes for gas have not been written yet.

I encourage any mail, email or otherwise suggestions from the gas guys! Or the Electric Guys or the Airboat guys. I am sure there will have to be an incorporated AMA/RCPBA event if the guys who own the 3-in-one electric flying boat decide they want to race too!

I did not say this was a perfect system, simply an alternative. BTW, these are not rules. These are classes. And they are not set in stone. They are discussion items in which are the foundation for club rules.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
toyotatruckin

finaly a good respons out of somebody....You must have been the only one to compleatly read my post!!!Thank you!!! not being a smart-ass.... I think this is the first reply that hasnt resorted to nitro yet!!!!!!!!!There is a santa..lol
Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
RedBullVegas

I had to re-read it....Sorry, I am so use to getting bashed with anti RTR stuff, I quit reading half way through a post sometimes.

The RCPBA needs some good gas guys to do the writing. Since I am new to gas, I don't think it is far for me to write the requirements for that class. I take back what I said about the nitro Bud. I will run my Insane against the Pro-Boat Bud in the modified class (if there becomes one) any day.

If you have suggestions for the gas class, let me hear em!

Thanks again,
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM
toyotatruckin

I wasnt bashing anyone just things that need addressed on the other side of RTR and also someone should show a purchase order from insane, enforcer,aeromarine etc. to make it fair to others that they did buy it RTR and didnt build the boat..Just makes things fair and shouldnt be a problem to keep the purchase order and show it as you have to show your IMPBA card before racing...
Old 02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
cmiller73

TT, I looked at the Insane RTRs you mentioned. Is this RTR available in stock form? I don't see the option for one. What I'm getting at is that it is a modded boat in RTR form. Nothing wrong with that, except, it can't be raced against a Stock Bud/Elam/LLumar. Now if it can be configure in stock, then there shouldn't be a problem. But as RBV stated, Gas guys will need to step into this and come up with these "Classes". Same goes for the gas Cats(Blackjack).

I know that only certain boats were named, but that was just to get an idea of the class make up. If you show up with a RTR from a manufacturer, and it fits the requirents of that class, then I don't see any reason why you couldn't race.

I guess now the boaters will have to get together and determine what is RTR and see what manufactures are putting out RTRs.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
toyotatruckin

Im sure you could order one with a stock engine...My guess is it would be cheaper to.. the enforcer gator can be bought for 799 and could be dropped right in with the shockwave same for the super sport they also sell a clasic hydro that is rtr...

Sorry wharehousehobbies selles the gator/supersport/clasic hydro, didnt want people getting confused
Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
RedBullVegas

Yeah, BUT....

Now what about the guy who buys a Horizon Hull and builds a monster engine for a Miss Bud?...By all "industry" standards...it is still an RTR only modified engine.

Man, this is getting worse than the registration of a blood hound in the AKC. If we start making guys bring P.O.'s to events....this could get very rough. If that was the case, we would have to get with Insane, Bonzi, Aeromarine and all the distributors of the products and they would have to submit papers to the RCPBA verifying the boat as an RTR just so there are not guys out there making P.O.'s or producing their own mythical version of the document requested!

Let's try to make it simple. I know the classes appear to be broken down by manufacturer. IF a boat fits into one of the categories described (for nitro) engine or modifications done, they will race with boats LIKE the ones described in parenthesis above. With respect to Hull type, Engine size.

Gassers, step to the plate with the ideas for classes!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:56 PM
toyotatruckin

No a purchase order /reciept or anything else would not be that hard to come up with or confusing to deal with as its something you get everytime you buy anything....And if people want to cheet and drop in a built boat into a rtr class just to take a win that is pathetic and the person must not be able to drive well enough to take a win with there own class......
Old 02-02-2007, 01:37 PM
330T

hey paul i have a .12 mono, and 12 rigger that i plan on racing all summer. if i have to race in B mono, and B hydro then so be it I'll be out pounding the pavement to get A mono and A hydro support.

I think the biggest draw for the A classes is its not all about a $500 motor, and $150 pipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.