Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:54 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCPBA, Classes for RTR Racers!

Where did I say anything about "buying new equipment to "stay in step""?

Contrary to repeated assertions from people who sit around complaining about others, it's already built. Note, I'm not saying you are one of the ones doing the complaining, but we all know it's being done. The "established set of organized rules to follow" of which you speak is already there, just look at the NAMBA or IMPBA rule book. They cover all the necessary aspects of forming clubs, running races, safety, insurance, etc. Also already there are hundreds (thousands?) of people who have experience in forming and running clubs, running races, making their boats go fast, etc.

At the end of the day, this whole discussion is about one simple issue, adding additional classes to boat racing. Plenty has been written about what how to get new classes added. What needs to happen now is for all of the people you assert "will come", to stop saying "if you build it, we will come", and start working with existing clubs, or forming new ones if there are none in your area, to show that you really are there. This doesn't mean other work isn't also needed, such as clubs reaching out to newcomers, working with hobby shops, etc. However, somebody in Pittsboro, NC; Wichita, KS; Huntsville, AL; or Kalamazoo, MI, or wherever else, can only do so much. At some point, people with RTR boats (and for the record, I'm one of those people too), or any other kind of boat that's not currently being run, need to start showing up at the ponds.