Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

remote needle

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

remote needle

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
devildog27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote needle

I have a ops .90 and now know that I have to run a remote needle which I have and will be running a third channel too but isn't this just for the high speed? how do I adjust the low speed? On my 1.0 outboard it had a little dial on the side of the carb for low and this .90 doesn't. I'm a little lost in this aspect.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: remote needle

Most marine nitro carbs don't have a low speed needle. You put the 3rd channel needle between the tank and the engine. I try to keep it close to the engine. If your engine has a needle you can either take it out and block the needle hole, or you can just open it way rich and leave it that way. You then hook the servo up to the third channel needle. This will allow you to change the needle setting some. The needle will also have an adjustment on the top.

The way I use mine is I start with the 3rd channel toward the most rich setting and the top needle also set rich. Once the boat is on the water I lean it out until it runs right. If it gets to the most lean setting but the engine is still too rich, I bring it in, set the 3rd channel all the way rich and then lean the top needle a bit more.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: remote needle

Don't forget to run large fuel line everywhere as the engine is going to need it. Make sure that any remote needle that you get is made for big-blocks..