Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 PM
res3567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Hmmmmmm.......did not notice that.....good eye!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
res3567

Is it better to use a belt starter......I have the traditional Hobbico cone starter, and if so, were and what size? I believe TH has them......but in 3 different sizes.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
USCG

Old 07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Serpents Den

your starter will work fine for a belt on the boat.....the flywheel on the engine and your starter both have a groove in it for one.....some say a 13" belt will work fine, but i'd rather have a couple more inches to play with just in case, and wont be in the way even if its 19" in diameter.....i'd go with a 15 or 17 incher myself...is about the same size i have also for my TC32 as a backup in case i get tired of using the pull start
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
USCG

Hey yall iam having problems finding replacement parts( piston sleeves,pull starters, rubber lines)or aftermarket parts (i.e. tuned pipes) at all for these boats
could someone help me to find a website.
i need new parts to get mine up and running again so please the sooner the better thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Aftermarket parts are easy. www.offshoreelectrics.com has adjustable trim tabs, flex cables, props, etc. www.cooperpipes.com has a really nice pipe but it may have sticker shock to those not used to paying that much for one.
Tower should still stock engine parts.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Starrett_Eye

kintec racing has some parts for the nitro supervee also
Old 07-14-2010, 01:23 PM
USCG

Thanks guys really appreciate the help!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:38 PM
res3567

Thanks Den... good info!
ORIGINAL: Serpents Den

your starter will work fine for a belt on the boat.....the flywheel on the engine and your starter both have a groove in it for one.....some say a 13" belt will work fine, but i'd rather have a couple more inches to play with just in case, and wont be in the way even if its 19" in diameter.....i'd go with a 15 or 17 incher myself...is about the same size i have also for my TC32 as a backup in case i get tired of using the pull start
Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Serpents Den

no probs bro...lemme know how it works out....ive got a 'green' one on it's way now, just like our friend Ron O has... now to trick out the 'green' a bit with some black n gold paint......and come up with a name
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 PM
res3567

My Grim Racer prop and Speedmaster rudder came in from Offshore Electronics today, the prop is for the SV and the rudder is for my Airforce. Waiting............
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 AM
res3567

Does this boat have a rudder capable of water pickup? (It look like it does looking at pics on Aquacraft"s website) Also, which is better....transom or rudder water pickup?
ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Up from the pickup tube on the transom then out the side. The boat will figure it out for you!
Just watch the water exit line while it's running to make sure that there is a nice stream coming out.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:07 AM
Starrett_Eye

both of my nitro's have a transom pickup, i think the electrics have rudder pickups, i couldn't tell ya which is better, but it seems to me you would get more flow from the transom
Old 07-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Serpents Den

Yes, the 'old' bl version has a water pickup rudder, the 27R version has a transom mount just like the nitro.....the water pickup version is still avalialbe at Offshore Electrics and found in ebay....
Old 07-16-2010, 07:08 PM
res3567

Which do you like better?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Serpents Den

we shall see...my new supervee thats on its way has transom mount, my new 'used' TC31 will have dual water pickups in the brand new speedmaster rudder assembly when i get finished with it....as long as the transom pickup isnt way down below bottom of hull, there shouldnt be too much drag....i may pick up the original rudder and increase the pickup line diameter and try it out anyways...
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 PM
res3567

I said on an earlier post I got my prop and a rudder. The prop for my SV, and the rudder for my Airforce airboat. They both came from Offshore Electronics. I installedthe rudder on my airboat and I can see the water shooting outof the water outlet tube as the boatpasses me. I am wondering if this a better setup than the transommount....I just don't know. The SV is my first "convetional" boat, I have twoAquacraft Airforce airboats, and they use conventional rudders. The rudder I purchased from O E isAWESOME!!!!! My boat turns A HECK UV A LOT BETTER than with the cheap plastic rudder the boat came with..... am going to buy another for the second boat........The SV has the same setup as the Speedmaster rudders with the water pickup inside as was wondering if that is a better setup.........
Old 07-16-2010, 10:09 PM
res3567

Old 07-17-2010, 02:48 AM
Serpents Den

aye np bro....yea the biggest difference you would think tho is the 'drag'....as long as you have water running thru the cooling system, then you're golden. the transom mount makes more drag than the rudder pickup of course, its all what u hope to expect out of the gal....ive read in theSV27electric threads that they had probs with the rudder pickups because the inlets were too small. a lot of peeps were drilling em out and making them larger because water was barely trickling thru the in/outlets, and usually only during right turns since the pickup is on the right side of the rudder. enlarging it ensured better water flow....being thatmost boat racing is done with right turns only, thats what the rudder was actually designed for. grim and the rest figured that they were catering to more of us that 'arent' racing, as well as those that want to race them, so when they designed the SV27R and nitro,they went and mounted the water pickup on the transom and added the 2nd turn finbecause we will be making a lot more left turns than the average racer, that way the boat shouldnt ever have cooling problems regardless if its right, left or straight runs, water will enter the pickup and exit out the side...i'll run my SV stock for a while, but still pick up and mod the water pickup rudder and try it out to see the difference in cooling and handling...

Old 07-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Serpents Den

well, i picked up some new paint and supplies today to work on my TC31, and will definitely have some 'spray' left for the SV....even tho its green, i have some much brighter lime green and black paint im going to shoot the body with, keep the color scheme and trim looking similar to my TC....the  TS2 i may go either candy red/orange/yellow or same as the other 2 as well...right now, thats too many decisions to make....i have to do em one at a time hehe
Old 07-19-2010, 10:03 PM
res3567

Well the boat is here. I started it and the first thing that alarmed me was I could not kill it by reversing the trigger(braking). I got home late and could not put it in the water so I had to scramble toget my screwdriver to close the HSN. I know with this boat, running it out ifthe water for to long will cause it to overheat, unlike my Airforce. Will have to adjust the throttle linkage I guess.I don't like the pull start to much, am gone order the beltsoon. Will put it in the water tommorow. Staytuned.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Serpents Den

no worries bro...GL with it.  if you ever have to 'stop' your boat when on the bench, you can either cover exhaust with your finger or pinch fuel line till it stops...works every time
Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 PM
res3567

Thanks Den....as always great info! Ok, put her in the water today......she died 5 times on me on launch. This thing aint like my Airforce. Also was hard to start. Blistered my middle finger knuckle slighty. Got two runs out of her....I am in break-in mode running her rich. When she did get up and running, cavitation was slightand off she went! GOODNESS, THIS THING IS FREAKIN FAST COMPARED TO MY AIRFORCE!!!!!! Got two good runs out out of her...tried for a third, but she started acting crappy again starting her up, and I was swaeting badly in the heat so I called it quits. I amEXTEMELY SATISFIED WITH THE BOAT!Will run her again tommorrow.

Look at the first pic....did not know this untillI installed the Grimracer Metal prop....stock prop missing a chunk.....and it still ran....onplane....with minor cavitation....INCREDIBLE!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ay73344.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1471003   Click image for larger version

Name:	yw66855.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1471004   Click image for larger version

Name:	eb86573.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1471005  
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Serpents Den

nice....its all about fun so have at it yea you could be running all day with same settings on the needle, and just slight weather changeswill cause the settings to be tweaked again....even more so when breaking in a nitro motor....depending on the motor itself, it wont be so drastic tho once it is broken in....thank god Aquacraft put in an OS made .18 for the motor in the SV, at least it should be a reliable one to play with. my green machine should be here shortly, being sent from Ontario, canada...hoping to have it home and up and running maybe this weekend....if my parts come in for my TC, i may have 2 to play with by then oh yea, the SV i have coming, the previous owner had a few metal props already, so i'll have to see what they are when it arrives and go from there....no plastic props for me. in the SV threads, ive heard everything from broken plastic props right outta the box, breaking at first pulll of starter, to running quite a few times before it lets go.....i guess it depends on how it came outta the mold, how tight the prop nut was cranked down, etc.....besides, with all the choices out there, quite a few here have their personal favorites for an aftermarket prop
Old 07-22-2010, 09:34 PM
res3567

Ok ran it yesterday....got two good runs....but it stalls in the lake. I bought a fishing pole, a special weght and a special hook just for this boat. Reeled her in twice....

Today, had some winds and aproaching rain. Put the boat over a MINOR chop and the boat began to hop.....and hop.....and HOP....and it rolled over anddid not roll back upright....with the engine stillrunning.....killed the motor and reeled her in again...

How can I adjust this boat not to hop so much......MINOR chop, not even moderate and this thingjumped like it was being piloted by the lateEvil Kinevel!I am going to order the adjustable trim tabs from Offshore Electronics.....will that help? I bought a V hull to slice through ALL types of water conditions....well almost all.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.