Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

SuperVee 27 Nitro -or- ShockWave 36 Nitro

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

SuperVee 27 Nitro -or- ShockWave 36 Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:17 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SuperVee 27 Nitro -or- ShockWave 36 Nitro

My advice would be to buy neither and go join your nearest model powerboat club if you haven't already. There you will be able to buy a very good 2nd hand boat from a club member, or they can steer you to somebody within the club who can sell or make you a good boat that will keep you interested in model power boating for a lot longer than a nitro vee or shockwve 36 will. What you will probably find with an introductory nitro boat is that you will want it to go faster. Also a club normally will have access to a decent sized lake and cover you for insurance in case your boat causes injury to somebody. And there are a lot of very skilled and knowledgeable people within clubs who can help you sort out problems better than an online forum can.

I have the shockwave 36 which I bought as my first boat. It's underpowered and not fun at all when I see club guys with there boats doing 130km/h (81mph). I regret buying it actually. Most of the guys in my club run zenoah or quildraw petrol engines. They are much cheaper to run than nitro and less temperamental to setup & run. But they are more expensive to buy new.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Awesome advice!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
wakeboardfusion

I have a shockwave im looking to get rid of if interested.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 PM
noahdear

While I'm not saying you should buy either of these particular boats, these are the sort of things you might find at a club.
This is what I think you should be looking for rather than a nitrovee or shockwave, something with balls. One is nitro, the other is petrol.
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=436755[/link]
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=437495[/link]
If you want all out speed, then a rigger or hydro might be the way to go.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:13 PM
msupervee27

Get the Supervee its a better boat.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:40 AM
swampdevil

Hello to all of you. Nice to see so many people into the saame hobby as me. Well, I own a sv27 nitro, a Miss Vegas, and a Shockwave 36, and i think each boat is better in it's own right( or whatever your conditions in your area are, I live in southern Louisiana, so it's mostly bayous and cannals down here). The Shockwave 36 definitly handles rougher water than the other two, but it's not the fastest. Don't get me wrong, the Shockwave is defintly a bullet on the water with the right tuning. Now if you have calmer waters, not dead calm, as Jerry stated, but not that offsore kind of stuff, then go with the Miss Vegas. She's gorgous, fast , and very easy to work on. Handle her with care, she's a lady. The SV27 nitro, I find it comparable to the Miss Vegas. They are pretty close in speed( this may have something to do with my dremmel tool), but the SV27 nitro can handle a little more chop and isn't as vunerable to the wind.
I guess it's a matter of opinion, as I think the Miss Vegas is probably the easiest to run in the cannal in front of my house, because it's usually calm an has a tight area for turning. All are good boats, just think about where you will be running the most.
Hope I Helped.
( this is the only pic i have right now, iI did not get the chance to load all my pic on the new computer)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40084.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	1054122