Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Beef up the Shockwave 36.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Beef up the Shockwave 36.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Team A-Hull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beef up the Shockwave 36.

Going camping with the shockwave 36 and i have never ran it before. Is there anything i should do to beef it up? And has anyone had problems with getting kicked off a lake because of the two stroke motor?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:52 AM
4wheelinrevo

Default RE: Beef up the Shockwave 36.

ORIGINAL: mrblonde369

Going camping with the shockwave 36 and i have never ran it before. Is there anything i should do to beef it up? And has anyone had problems with getting kicked off a lake because of the two stroke motor?

you will only get kicked off a lake if your rude and inconsiderate and dont abid by the laws

i would doubt ou will be able to drive your boat while camping as many of the camping places do not allow gas powered engines on the lake
Old 04-20-2007, 07:03 AM
saleens7

i would check every bolt, lube the flex cable, and cut a bunch of 1/4" long peices of fuel tubing and overlap it over the fuel or pressure tubes where they meet the tank/carb/exhaust....and make sure that the pressure nipple on the exhaust isnt stripped (its screwed on so it can come undone when running from the vibrations) i would JB weld it in to keep it from coming off, i did and it solved that problem...chek the fuel tank for leaks and and same with the fuel/pressure lines. range check the radio system before you run it. you may also discover other problems once you have run it....for the first tank, keep the glow warmer in for the entire run and run it as described in the instructions. it will take about 3-4 tanks of fuel before you can start leaning it out and can really start to open it up.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:31 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Put floatation in the hull, like cut down pool noodles.