Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

CRASH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 PM
hydromarine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRASH!!!

Hello all just got back from the lake and I have to say what a horrible day. For some reason my transmitter stopped sending signal to my reciever and lost control. The boat went head on into a wall at full speed. It was horrible watching my boat enrout to its own suicide and I couldn't do anything about it but stand there and watch. Needless to say the front of the left and right sponsons no longer exist. The front cross member is completely cracked in half. The only thing the hull is good for is practicing some body work on and maybe she'll be ready to float again.

Here's my question, does anyone know where I can get a replacement hull? I've tried Horizon Hobby but they only have 1/8 scale hulls and I need a 1/12 scale. Any help would sure be appreciated, I'd like to get back on the lake ASAP!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:47 PM
TIA

Default RE: CRASH!!!

What lake were you at and what size motor do you have? Outboard?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
LES301M

HydroMarine,
a $35 fail safe has saved me two boats now. One when the transmitter battery pack fell out on the dock, another when the rx pack got wet. Might be the time to get one for your boat.
What kind of hull are you looking for?
L
Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Just out of morbid curiousity, do you have pics?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:17 PM
joseywales

Man crashes stinks no mater truck or boat.I'd almost recked Miss hydro's Blueangel into the rock bank! The steering quit working for some reason.Thankgod the throtle worked and killed the boat. This is the same boat that she'd recked twise! I'm thinking bad omen on this boat? If I'd recked that boat,Man I'd would been in the dog house big time with her.I have to tell her to get fail safe system in her boats.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:59 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend had a wooden cap on his tunnel whent upder bridge and gzzzzz what a convertiblehalf top half convertible
Old 05-10-2007, 08:44 PM
hydromarine

I was at Alondra Park and I have a .15 Dynamite in a Miss Elam hull. And about the fail safe, I wont put my boat in the water without it from now on. I just ordered a new hull for $140. I'm not happy but I guess it could have been worse. I should get the hull by wed. The thing that sucks is I was going to use that $140 i just spent on the hull for a .21. I guess that will be put on hold for a couple weeks. I'll try to post the pics when I get them uploaded on my comp.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:15 PM
joseywales

If your hull was the Miss Elam,Check on ebay.Misshydro got two Miss bud flex drive hulls from hobby lobby.The one had a crack on the seem on right front sponson,payed only 55 dollars and the second one had small paint flaws,payed 84 dollars that includes shipping.Hobby-lobby likes her. Check them out.They sell used hulls on ebay to,Plus Complete use RTR boats.They have Miss Buds ,Llumar,Elam,Blackjack.shockwave,the cat.All used proboats.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:55 PM
wave waker

man! ..know the feeling to have a runaway boat, been there 2 weeks ago while doin tune run for the dayton race last week,,,somehow radio control lost then went wide open towards the bank, i can't do nothing but watch, wait and yell..good thing it went to end of the lake where some twigs and small tree braches are there to absorb the impact,but still i cracked the left sponson bout 8" and hairline/ spider crack in different place of a newly painted tunnel, gps is on and tells 40.1 mph[:@][:@]
Old 05-11-2007, 12:48 AM
hydromarine

Yeah it was horrible. It felt like it was comitting suicide. I couldn't do anything but stand there and watch. I even told my bro who was running his shockwave at the time to watch my boat self destruct while it was enroute to the wall. I figured he might as well not miss this since its happening anyways. Josey i'll give ebay a shot. I already have a new hull coming in but maybe ill get another hull with defects for a project and put some sick ***** in it. Thanks for the replys guys.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first boat was an ABS Sprint with a brand new KB SS 3.5.

I spent most the night before going over everything I could possibly think of after spending quite a few hours getting it prepared with painting, and making sure the motor was in good condition and had a few props all sharpened and balanced ready to go.

The next day I called into work and asked if I could take a vacation day, planning a nice full day of testing and having fun with my first new boat. It was perfect weather for it too.

After getting all the gear down to the lake and got set up and all fueled, I gave it a range check, went back and fired it up and launched it nice and smooth and moved out at half throttle.

Thirty feet from shore it decided to jump to 3/4 throttle, glitch into a straight line and headed straight for the other shore. I had no control over it at all. It hit the bank on the other side, flipped over on its back, and leaned out to full throttle for 20 seconds until it crunched the connecting rod.

I later found out the battery holder in my pistol grip had cracked and slid down and lost contact to the posts in the top of the case. Total bummer.

Fail safes are high on my list now. You cannot always be 100% sure of anything at anytime with these.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:44 AM
hydromarine

I definatly know the feeling, I'll never run my boat without a failsafe again. It seems that you can do all the prep work possible to try to avoid these mishaps but theres always gliches that you don't expect. I guess that's part of the fun of it all. Honestly I can do without that part of this little hobby but when things are running smooth it is just too much fun. Times are kinda bad right now though, my regular flat bottom v-drive regular size boat and my hydro boat are down. I just got word the other day that one of my heads to my rare 427 FE Ford is non-reparable. This is going to cost me well over 2k but thats another forum.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:32 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YEP BIG VALVE FE HEADS ARE GETTING HARD TO FIND THESE DAYS, DUE TO THE COBRA REPLICA CARS OUT THERE, I'VE BEEN REPOWERING MOST ALL THE V-DRIVES AND JETS TO BB CHEVY . PLENTY OF PARTS FOR THOSE. OOPS OFF TOPIC!!!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:38 AM
schwackus64

Hey Hydro your elam will float agian. Im not sure if you should put that air cooled .25 in it though. I think maybe a .32 dynamite from your said "bro's" shockwave would do just fine, seeing that he is getting a .46 soon. When i get my super duper T-Cat TEAM HAVIC will run the world.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Drmeff

yup failsafes dont ALWAYS work, depending on the problem, but I would never drop my boats in the water without a failsafe, the 20 bucks you pay for one will be SOOOOO worth it when it works just that one time!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:07 PM
weathervane

Hi guys, Where can I get a fail safe for my Sw36?

Andrew
Old 05-13-2007, 07:11 PM
jetpack

There are several brands but the most inexpensive one I have found is made by CEN (sort of a generic company) but they work. I think Tower Hobbies has them.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:14 PM
weathervane

OK, I will take a look at Tower has.
Thanks, Andrew

ORIGINAL: jetpack

There are several brands but the most inexpensive one I have found is made by CEN (sort of a generic company) but they work. I think Tower Hobbies has them.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:25 PM
jetpack

They are all popular with the RC Car and Truck brand stuff, like Dynamite, Ofna, ect....we follow pretty much what the car guys use because all that stuff is more popular and easier to find...nothing is target advertised for boats as far as land vehicles.