Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 The Miss Vegas "Blues"... >

The Miss Vegas "Blues"...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

The Miss Vegas "Blues"...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Miss Vegas "Blues"...

Received the Miss Vegas yesterday and got to try her out today. Took me a while to get her started, but she fired up, ready to go, eventually. This is an impressive boat, looks good right out of the box(especially when you apply the stickers to it) and runs pretty quick in the rich carb setting(can't hardly wait to lean her out!!). I'm still breaking her in though.
On my last run, right before dark, I got her fired up, put the cover on and threw her in the water, grabbed the transmitter from a buddy who was holding it for me, got her up to about half throttle and maybe 50 ft. out away from where I threw it out and BAM!!!... the boat pops up in the air and then sits back down on the water with the rudder flopping back and forth behind it. I then drove it to the other side of the pond and shut her off. A DARN turtle must have decided to pop up for a breath of air, right in my path!!![]
Close inspection reveiled a broken rudder mount, a broken prop, and a bent flex shaft, right where the prop mounts.
This is not the first encounter with those DARN turtles either!!!... had a run in with them with my Tunnel Hull!!!
Well... anyways... parts are on order.[&o]
You know?... those rudder/mount kits aren't cheap either!!! I'm going to put a nylon bolt... in the bottom hole... like someone suggested... this time... for sure!!

Anyone know any tricks to dealing with destructive Turtles?? [>:]

Watch out for them Turtles!!!,

Phil
Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: The Miss Vegas "Blues"...

At one of the ponds that I run at, there is something just under the surface that has hit one of my boats several times. I used to have a DPI 3.5 OB tunnel that would do an endo over one spot in the pond as it did it twice in the same spot! After rowing out to retrieve the boat I wouldn't see anything under the surface. Turtles? Maybe, maybe not as I've never seen any there. Possibly a carp. It's just strange seeing your boat flying along then going head over heels in a forward flip.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:48 AM

You can either buy (Twisted Liquid Racing) "tilt-up" rudders and turnfins or modify the stock ones. Pivot on top stainless steel bolt and replace bottom bolt with a nylon one (some modification needed to allow the pivot (rounded corners). Haven't seen anything that will protect the strut however. Darn turtles!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OR throw some m 80s into the pond before you run hea hea hea.......
Old 08-02-2007, 11:40 PM

It's definitely Turtles... we see them popping there heads up for air when were not running and usually right before hitting them too!!![] It's almost like they see us coming and pop up right in front of our high speed pass. Their(Turtles) probably laughing at us on the bottom of the pond!!

We need to hire f16man to evacuate the pond... right before going boating.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 PM

Hay F16man!! Do you want to anpon or nuc or heatsunker or bunker bust them turtles?!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
TIA

ORIGINAL: Oh Yeah!!

Anyone know any tricks to dealing with destructive Turtles?? [>:]

Phil

Ruger makes a 10/22 .22 cal rifle with a 50 round clip. With about a half dozen or so magazines you should have that lake cleaned up in about 10 minutes.