Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas

Is the traxxas nitro vee any good possibly getting one in trade so just wondering
Old 12-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Traxxas

in stock form its kinda junk...with the .15 engine 30mph is about all you'll get after you mod the whole boat, and its not really big enough for a .21 or worth the money...BUT! I really enjoyed mine when I had it, and it only had a trx pro .15, i modded the engine, new pipe, cooling system and prop, and ditched some extra wieght...fun little boat, just not good in stock form...check out the nitro vee thread in this forum, tons and tons of info there
Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

good entry level boat. If you are just getting into Nitro and boating this would be a good choice. Offers a nice "return to shore" motor that kicks in if your engine stalls out. Vertical is right, it is slow, I'm guessing 23 MPH stock, can be tempermental and runs real hot.
If this is a 2nd boat, you will get bored real fast..
Old 12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Vertical3-D

cooling issue is easy to fix, and a properly setup and tuned trx pro .15 engine is reliable enough to ditch that brick of an RTS system and also allows you to use a 4 cell rechargable rx pack to loose a little more wieght over the stock 6AA cell...I did leave my easy start in it though...maybe 20mph stock mine hit mid to high 20's modded, drop a better drive system in it or an .18 engine and you could break 30mph...but my 7.5 mono i traded my crawler for was for sale for 225 for the hull and engine and hits 50mph no problem on low nitro fuel so i wouldnt put too much money in it when you could get something alot bigger and faster for the money...good sport boat if you get it in a trade though, by what they have brought on ebay its worth about 130 in good shaoe stock(really its worth about 100 bucks) I forget what I paid for mine...oh invest in a good pistol grip radio, you can always keep it for your next boat, I bought a 2.4GHz system and love it(FUTABA is the way to go)
Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER
My Feedback: (4)

i have got to jump in here... yes they are a great lil boat... i own one and it was actually vertical that really got me goin on it...... so far i am topped at 30mph with the mods. thinkin on puttin an irvine 20 in it now actually....
Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Spetz

What is this EZ start system?

For fun I think this return to shore thing is awesome
And also the fact that it has a clutch engagement so it's not always moving

I'd get one (never having seen one run) only because of the really handy features it has
Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 AM
r/cmark42

EZ start is an eletric start feature on the Nitro Vee. It is very similar in function to the starting feature used on traxxas cars and trucks.
You are right about the return to shore feature. What a great way to take the frustration out of learning R/C boating. As you stated the clutch aslo takes a bit of the frustation out of boating. I always reccommend the Vee as a great and logical starter.

I've always hoped Traxxas would jump into boating with both feet, similar to what they have done with their truck line. With the engines they have developed and the design team they have, they could produced some real sick boats. Together with their reputation and name, they would bring a whole new generation into boating!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The clutch might appear ot be a good thing at first but it's mor for onshore safety as the prop isn't spinning when you start it. What it's not made for is idling on the water as you're not getting any cooling water to the headd then.
The RTS is OK if and when it works. All of this added stuff adds weight to the boat, a lot if you really look at it and won't do you a whole lot of good if the boat flips or the props gets tangled in something.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
r/cmark42

Ron,
Have you heard of Traxxas updating their boating offering, especially on the nitro side?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Not recently. They have done some upgrades through the years but nothing new lately. Therev was supposed ot be a new engine coming out but that was a couple of years back and as far as I know hasn't been installed in the Nitro-Vee.
I've been kind of expecting them to upgrade the electric versions soon with their new brushless systems.
If Traxxas wants to stay competitive they really should come out with some new models.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Vertical3-D

they make a marine version of the trx 2.5 engine, which is a huge upgrade from the pro .15 engine but there real rocket is the trx 3.3 I had a tmaxx 3.3 truck and it had rediculous power for a smallblock engine that came stock... I had larger tires on the trucl and it would still wheelie on command hard enough to rock back onto the wheelie bar...that in a stripped down nitro vee hull would rip but still wouldnt handle, for the guys that claim they are going 50mph with the hull I dont know how, my 7.5 mono is a handful at 50mph and it handles way better then my nitro vee did, at 50 only the prop and trim tabs are touching water
Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 AM
r/cmark42

Maybe Traxxas will wake up and surprise us someday with a new 3.3 boat..
Old 01-12-2008, 04:54 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

i have fixed the problem with idle on shore ... i put a picup tube right behind the prop ao it gets water all the time... and with this the water gets to the engine better and faster.... i will post a pic if needed....
Old 09-07-2008, 12:24 PM
dirt kicker

hi please post a pic nitro veedriver
Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

here is a pic of what i did
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version